Sign in to follow this  
pmureika

Subwoofer wire size?

You apparently know what would be the minimum you should use so just use that or bigger wire. . I don't get why this thread is 4 pages lol

Damn this thread got sideways since I commented last lol!!!!

I use 12  on my nendo2k

Do you compete?

No Sir

Then you don't need to run 8 awg wire. You wouldn't hear the difference.

You apparently know what would be the minimum you should use so just use that or bigger wire. . I don't get why this thread is 4 pages lol

I just wanted to know if going bigger would make a big difference. I found out not to the human ear.

I just wanted to know if going bigger would make a big difference. I found out not to the human ear.

Yea iv never heard any difference. I think most people just get the biggest wire they can fit just cause they can. . I usually do the same so I cant really say anything about it lol

I use the biggest I could find in my local car audio shop at this time. I was sad I could not find 8 Ga wire. I think I have 12 Ga, I hope so ! Maybe it's small, or too small, but it's already louder than ever :)  :)

I don't think I need to go bigger. If someone gives me enough free wire, I may try to use it !

I use the biggest I could find in my local car audio shop at this time. I was sad I could not find 8 Ga wire. I think I have 12 Ga, I hope so ! Maybe it's small, or too small, but it's already louder than ever smile.png  smile.png

I don't think I need to go bigger. If someone gives me enough free wire, I may try to use it !

You wouldn't hear the difference. A spl meter would show about .2 db gain. You can't hear that.

At 2k? That depends. Is the sub .5, 1, 2, 4 ohms? There are plenty ohms law calculators out there.

Thanks for suggesting ohm's law calculators