Thumpper

Help with windows 8

this windows 8 makes me feel semi-retarded....LOL

anyways I have having trouble dragging some things over from page to page and some

things just will not copy and paste ( most things)

I checked all the add ons restet the explorer , rebooted , updated java and flash

my wife says she is having trouble dragging cards playing on the POGO website to

so something isn't right

anyone got any Idea's ???

Issue with the mouse?

J

no

mouse works fine , I can drag the highlighted text over to another page but when I release

the mouse button it just vanishes never to be seen again....weird

Hmmm don't know.

J

Windows eight is a mistake =( leave the blocky display on smartphones and tablets. My lumia 900 was nice. My friend's new laptop was a headache to learn.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

windows 8 sucks

when I was working on my website I wanted to snap my laptop in half and drive over it

You could try tech support and see if you can get somebody that can talk in english and understand them.

anyways I have having trouble dragging some things over from page to page and some

I checked all the add ons restet the explorer , rebooted , updated java and flash

my wife says she is having trouble dragging cards playing on the POGO website to

so something isn't right

right click the start menu,left click on run..type "regedit" click ok got to HKEY_CURRENT_USER  control panel/ then desk top over on the right side tell me the values "under the data section" drag from maximize , drag full windows , drag height ,and drag width ..

so something isn't right

right click the start menu,left click on run..type "regedit" click ok got to HKEY_CURRENT_USER  control panel/ then desk top over on the right side tell me the values "under the data section" drag from maximize , drag full windows , drag height ,and drag width ..
Need one more step. HKEY USERS has no values nor "under the..."

did all that... it says  ( value not set )

Not under "defualt"on down on those four I listed you should see under data you should see 1

1

4

4

If you click on those once and when they are highlighted blue then at the top left click edit you can modify the values...

But I need to know what they are set at Pay no attention to default "values not set"

Not under "defualt"on down on those four I listed you should see under data you should see 1

1

4

4

If you click on those once and when they are highlighted blue then at the top left click edit you can modify the values...

But I need to know what they are set at Pay no attention to default "values not set"

What folder are those 4 under is what I was stating. They aren't in the root of USERs

1

4

4

What folder are those 4 under is what I was stating. They aren't in the root of USERs

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/control panel/desktop....the four should start the12th one down under names in the right side of the window...

dock moving = 1

drag from max = 1

drag full windows = 1

drag height = 4

drag width = 4

dock moving = 1

drag from max = 1

drag full windows = 1

drag height = 4

drag width = 4

On drag height and drag width the 4 represents pixels...Click once on them "when they are highlighted in blue go up to the left of the window click edit a little box will appear you will see the values change height to 20 width to 40 save and reboot try that if it don't work go to 40/60 then 50/100 try those if not we will try sumthin else that may work

Again run regedit this time under...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/polices/system........

7th one down....( EnableLUA ) value most likely is set to 1...click once "highlighted in blue" click edit your little box will appear  value data will say 1 change to 0 save and restart...

This is all I know If this will not fix it IDKhuh2.gif

Mine works fine..

Some time some B.S. wireless mouse apps or software can cause some issues if on a laptop with a wireless mouse unplug and try the touch pad..

If that works,,,, remove all software for the mouse and use the default driver for windows.

I've also found in Win8 that if both windows (cutting from and pasting too) aren't open that a cut paste doesn't work. Somehow it forgets what you've copied/cut. It is my only frustration with 8 as I find everything else superior to 7.

I've also found in Win8 that if both windows (cutting from and pasting too) aren't open that a cut paste doesn't work. Somehow it forgets what you've copied/cut. It is my only frustration with 8 as I find everything else superior to 7.

I think that is another possible fix enabling the UAC in the reg... from The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tweak I gave...Not for sure though I am not as familiar with the registry as I am with the older platforms..

Windows 10 should be out soon,maybe they got some of the bugs fixed that 8.1 has..

windows 10...great

spend more money to upgrade , take 3 years to learn to use it , find out it sucks....wait for the next upgrade .....

Microsoft has us stuck in a financially and mentally draining loop.....LOL

tried a regular mouse , still the same

windows 10...great

spend more money to upgrade , take 3 years to learn to use it , find out it sucks....wait for the next upgrade .....

Microsoft has us stuck in a financially and mentally draining loop.....LOL

LOL ... The bata is out free to try...As far as being "user friendly" pretty much like windows 8...I think they focused more on It being used for Tablets,ect..that is were your "drag&drop issues come in...IMO, I think they should have different platforms for PC's and Notebooks,tablets or whatever.. They did that to try to fix problems with accidental "drag and drop" "copy&paste" ect.. on tablets, notebooks and such..windows 10 is more just app friendly IMO..