Swimmerdude

RL-p or Brahma??

I am just about set on a Sound Splinter RL-p15 and when i get money i was planning on ordering one.... BUT, a dealer just offered me a brand new Adire brahma for 300 shipped. I have read that the RL-p and Brahma are very comparable subs.... just use different technology. I have never heard either and dont think i would be able to hear either of them. So, I guess i need your guys help in deciding here. Which way should i go??

May i ask why?? To me, its like this....

Brahma = maybe better output, a good deal, BUT horrible customer service

RL-p = maybe less output, regular price, but GREAT customer service

Edited by Swimmerdude

Because that sub is worth a lot more than $300.

You could buy it, sell it for more and get 2 RL-p 15's

Ya, im smart like that

Because that sub is worth a lot more than $300.

You could buy it, sell it for more and get 2 RL-p 15's

Ya, im smart like that

lol...that's elias.....

but in reality, they are indeed very, very compareable subs. but you didn't mention if the brahma was a 15 as well or not. in any case, you'll like either or, but mike's customer service (soundsplinter) is absoluetly second to none.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

sell the brahma, buy 2 RL-ps. WIN

LOL you guys are funny!!

The Brahma would be a 15"

If they are so much alike, i think i would rather have Mike at my side!!!

Get the Brahma, sell it for $400

Make $100

hmmmm.... i could, i guess its an option....

I have a question though, with only 600rms, would the brahma be as loud as an RL-p. I know the Brahma is probably more capable but with only 600rms, how capable is it?? Hopefully someone has used the Brahma MKIII here!!

EDIT: Actually, I know the Brahma has more potential cause it has more displacement. But, what does it take to make the Brahma reach full potential??

Edited by Swimmerdude

I used 2 MKI 15's

I think the RL-p 15 would be better with that much power

its hard to explain with out example,

I have heard numerous Brahmas, Dave Edwards in particular being the cleanest install with one that I have listened to. I own an RL-p and love it.

Personally my ears like the RL-p a little better, the Brahma could have a little more output but for daily needs it will be hard to notice. I really like both subs, but if something fails, I would far prefer the RL-p due to customer service!

Well, after talking to the dealer that gave me the offer for the Brahma, he said...

"But because of Adire's CS lately we have been trying to avoid any problems by doing EVERYTHING ourselves. We can recone subs and if we can just get a bunch of recone kits from Adire then our customers will never need to many any contact with Adire at all. So customer service with Adire isn't going to be a big issue with our customers. We will most likely be the only people dealing with them."

So maybe its worth a shot. He was also saying that the new Brahma's do well is small boxes and if i move to a somewhat larger one, say 3ft3, they dont need much power, 600rms would be good.

If you pay 3 bills you can buy it, listen to it, buy an RLp and realize you'd rather have 4 bills for the brahma than it.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can compare them. The Brahma is all new and entirely different from the previous versions. I also know that the dealer will in fact NOT be able to get recones from Adire.

Going by what they've produced in the past, you know it will be a performer. Customer service MAY be an issue, but it also may not. You never hear about the thousands of SATISFIED customers, just the few that want to relay a bad experience.

Going with SS, the driver is proven, Mike has proven himself, and the value is hard to beat.

I would do like Elias has stated. Either way, you can always sell something and get a different driver if you'd like.

All i know about Adire's CS is that ever since their move, their CS has been poop... basically because of the move i guess. I'd imagine that now that they have settled in, i wouldnt have that big of a problem with it. And since the MkIII hasnt been out that long, there arent many reviews on it. So it's kind of hard to get a good comparison between the two.

Now, buying the Brahma and selling it then buying the RL-p would be a good idea but do i wanna go through all that... not really.

I think I am leaning towards the RL-p because it is a great all around driver, its been proven like you said, Mike is a great guy and I just want to get the sub and then move on to components and amp. I should be extremely happy with it, thats all i know.

Oh yeah... another thing.... GO DETROIT PISTONS!!!!

> If they are so much alike, i think i would rather have Mike at my side!!!

:wub:

.. and I think you know what I think -

I think you should do whatever the hell ya damn well please! wink2.gif

How many times have you dealt with Adire again?

Their CS was excellent with me :)

But then again, that was three years ago.

How many times have you dealt with Adire again?

Their CS was excellent with me :)

But then again, that was three years ago.

Was kind of alluding to the people that jump on the bandwagon, yet have never dealt with them.

Dan was great to me when I won my Koda in the raffle...

I have decided to just go with the RL-p. Just not many reviews on the new Brahma is most of the reason why. I know it would be a good driver, i just want more than just a few satisfied customers as I am buying without hearing them. It should be good and I have already emailed Mike about getting one and I just have to sort out money and such and get it approved by the rents.

Good decision either way... Can't go wrong the RL-P.

I think the world of Dan----he has always been good to me-----and as for the Brahma----someone will have to pry it out of my dead hands before I give it up.

Having owned both I have to say, good buy. Either driver is an excellent choice.

However, when I sold my Brahmas (Mark I's), I think I felt more remorse than I did for selling the RL-Ps.