natedizzle

who makes the best wire???

ive heard that knu has some of the best but im not sure....i need to replace my power and ground and some of my speaker wire so i was wondering who to order from....anyone have any suggestions???Im running 4g to my subs and 4g as my power and ground wire,i think my speaker wire is 16 maybe 18.And i do have two amps,im just trying to get the best sound thats why i started this thread.

well price isnt really a question so i guess im lookin for strand count and quality or pretty much just all-around good wire.

Id say Knu, fairly cheap, high strand count and they look pretty nice as well

kicker hyperflex FTW!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

He did ask for the best, not the best for the dollar. In no way shape or form is Knu the best, nor anything else listed. They are all good choices, but wire is, eh wire. I prefer to buy twisted, shielded but everything else is just uneccessary bling. The best wire in the world won't make crappy equipment or a crappy install sound any better.

More strands= more wire

not cheap 4ga in 1/0 ga jacketing

Ive seen it before

KnuKonceptz FTW... Anyone know anything about their H.O. altenators???

More strands= more wire

Ive seen it before

Not if it's solid cable. :fing34:

Stranded cable with more strands means more surface area and a better path for the electrons to flow.

As for the cheap cable, I had a buddy buy a 1/0 kit off Ebay for $20, and yeah, 1/0 of insulation, cable was about 6.

BTW, nice wing.

AFAIC.....wire is wire.

More strands, more flexible, thats it. Until here, i had never heard anything but this, and will continue to believe thats as far as it goes and/or matters. So... 1 million strand is better than solid core eh? Interesting.

I would look for a respected wire seller that has wire that is actually the gauge that it is supposed to be, and if you care, has the appearance/color you desire.

I prefer to buy from Knukonceptz. Bill is a great guy with great service and ships fast.

not meaning to step on any toes but ED is coming out with thier new wire that is 4459 strands and looks pretty good.I might look into that when it comes out in about a month.

So... 1 million strand is better than solid core eh? 

Who said that? If you were speaking about my post, re-read it. ;)

More strands= more wire

Ive seen it before

Stranded cable with more strands means more surface area and a better path for the electrons to flow.

As for the cheap cable, I had a buddy buy a 1/0 kit off Ebay for $20, and yeah, 1/0 of insulation, cable was about 6.

Soild core is a wee bit hard to bend :P

No need to reread. Once was sufficient. You state that stranded is better than solid core. I obviously believe it to be otherwise.

This study pretty much sums up all ive ever read on wire.

Solid  19-Strand  7-Strand

Lower Attenuation

Best      Good    Better

Phase Stability Vs. Flexure

Good    Better      Best

Amplitude Stability Vs. Flexure

Best    Better      Good

Power Handling

Best      Good      Better

Flex Life

Good      Best        Better

No big deal, like i said, afaic wire is wire.

I use high end audio,....... and whatever wire color matches my install.

No need to reread.  Once was sufficient.  You state that stranded is better than solid core.  I obviously believe it to be otherwise. 

MY post.

More strands= more wire

Ive seen it before

Nowhere did I state stranded is better than solid core. I simply stated, that stranded wire with more strands has more surface area. Take THHN versus DLO cable. THe THHN is a few large strands, while the DLO is exactly like "welding cable" or common car audio cable. It has more strands therefore more surface area.

I happen to agree that a solid core wire is best. If it was feasible, buss bar would be the best option. :fing34:

realistically, and in my humble opinion:

welding cable for power & ground wire. make a good connection @ the the + & - of the system.

talk to Stereo Integrity about speaker wire :)

Patch cable - I say any decent sheilded will do. I mean, it's a car afterall, not a listening room.