Brad Barcia

Need help with my single cab ranger console box

I'm building a prerunner ranger,with a 2.3 turbo . I don't want a heavy front end when I'm jumping through the dunes.I had a 2.3 turbo in a mustang drift missile.They are bulletproof,and easy to get to 400 rwhp . I beat that mustang so bad ,and it wouldn't die .I ran a hx35,water/meth,megasquirt,welded rear end , I used to jump it , ran autocross,made a dirt track behind my house and ran it.I like them cause they are cheap ,easy to work on , easy to make power. I know someone that has a e30 two door with one swapped in.We traded cars for the weekend and I hate to say this but it feels like the perfect engine for it.

I am about to pull the engine on my e30 again. Right now it is an M20B28 stroker, getting ready for turbo when the kits arrives. I have seen alot of different swaps into E30s (2jz, LS1, ford 302) but not a ford 2.3 turbo, it sounds like fun.

For a pre-runner I'd have a tendency to scrap the bed and attach it to the outside of the cab. Integrate a tool box and such as well. Would be sweet.

Sounds like a fun build.

And yes, the quote you got was ABSURD.

For a pre-runner I'd have a tendency to scrap the bed and attach it to the outside of the cab. Integrate a tool box and such as well. Would be sweet.

Sounds like a fun build.

And yes, the quote you got was ABSURD.

agreed the price was way too high, which shop did you go to?

I know of an install shop over that way that does great work, I can put you in touch with them if you would like.

The reason Im keeping the bed is so I can haul a dirtbike or two, the bed is fiberglass so I was thinking of some crazy stuff. I want to get a ladder rack (things they use for construction) and use it to support a roof top tent . Then I can put the quad or dirtbike under it collapse the tent and go. I plan to get generator/invert from HF to power either a small air compressor or welder. This way I can go anywhere on the trail a bike breaks i can pull it up and work on it. Run a youtube video on the screen to watch a repair ,or movie when im pissed. This way I can go out an ride the bikes  hard and not worry about needing to fix something. I should be able to get good mileage, go do my version of camping and have somewhere to sleep. I won't have to pay for a hotel or drive back to civilization to sleep , I can spend money on gas and motorcycle stuff . I hope this makes sense I 'm on the road .   

W140 yeah let me know who it is, I hope it's not altimate audio. They did my first install and left out screws . My back seat fell out in my hand.I paid them 1600 for 1 12 in a t line box . They built the box did the "install"and sold me one of 1 of their subs for 1600. I bought my amp and wire kit ,I went back when it pulled out. They told me they didn't have time to hook up two wires I would have to wait til next week. So I hope it's not them ,I told them I would never come back.

I'd also bet $100 it isn't a tline.

Probably not , what really did it was they were ready to help when I first got there.When I just needed help not new stuff,then they were to busy. I wrote a review on Facebook and they got it taken off and me kicked off for a week( oh no!). So yeah , not a fan ,I just opened the box and more mistakes and poor box construction( I guess I don't get terminals built in the box for 1600. Oh well live and learn. So yeah if someone wants to design a box for me, I need the help.

Your in bay city michigan? Cool im down in romulus (detroit metro air port). Theres a few good builders around here. Im not totally convinced of some of their design skillz but if yu get them a design theyll make it for ya.

Advanced Car Audio & Detailing in Oscoda. It's a little bit of a drive for you but they have done work for me personally and it was top notch.

Do a stereo Integrity HST12 sealed. .6cuft requirement. 1350rms iirc

Whoa that's what I'm talking about , my ranger is the year before, so it's smaller behind the seats. Looking at that box though I can fit two between my seats.

Speaker boy , I have been living under a rock ,those subs look like the king. I think if I put the top of the woofer in front of my seats and have it taper in at the seats. I got up out of a sound sleep because I was so impressed by the specs.I have to ask are there woofers like this one? If I missed this ,I have missed others and I think one of these with my c.t sounds amp would be what I need.

I'm considering five Hst's sealed to replace my 18" BTL

Plenty of subwoofers like that one and even better. Do you want a sealed enclosure? If you want loud, I would be looking for a subwoofer that performs well in a ported enclosure.

You have 3 cuft to work with, maximize the space you have.

Whoa that's what I'm talking about , my ranger is the year before, so it's smaller behind the seats. Looking at that box though I can fit two between my seats.

Speaker boy , I have been living under a rock ,those subs look like the king. I think if I put the top of the woofer in front of my seats and have it taper in at the seats. I got up out of a sound sleep because I was so impressed by the specs.I have to ask are there woofers like this one? If I missed this ,I have missed others and I think one of these with my c.t sounds amp would be what I need.

With 8 inches as one of the measurements between the seats I don't know how you're going to get a 10 inch sub thats 11 inches mounting depth in there.

I just posted that video to tell you that there's more ways to put a sub in there do use your imagination you don't need to go all the way across the cab you could put two of them behind the passenger seat slide the passenger seat for just a little bit. Or you can use of the room behind the passenger seat and the center console. The possibilities are limited but not impossible

I am going over to my friends house and I'm going to make tabs so I can slide the seats as far apart as possible to gain some more space ,Lets go for 11inches.

I have a place in front of the seats behind the shifter,where I could lay that puppy sideways. That's still a lot to spend for me like I said before like 230.00 for one or two subs . I'm doing the rest of the sound deadening tomorrow and wiring . I will made at least 11 inches if not a foot. I get paid tomorrow too so if I need to buy woofers.

I have another question what about custom subs ?I seen one that looked mean and had all good parts on eBay.soundqubed motor,sundown soft parts, some super awesome frame made by pixies,out of unicorn teeth. Just playing f**k nuts but you get the idea. I know I would have to get it from someone who is known for it.

I would like to do a ported because it's louder but is there a sub like that stereo integrity hst11

Custom subs should only be made for specific reasons which just eliminated 99.99999% of one's you see sold. You have the same needs as 80% of the buying public so if a manufacturer can't figure out how to solve that well it'd be idiotic.

Is it xmax that makes them so loud? Or what should I look for in the specs?

NO. It requires that ALL the specs work together on YOUR box. No one anything tells you anything about the output.

W140 I'm heading in to Advanced Audio and detailing ,on Mon or Tues. Should I say you sent me? I tried and tried but only got 10 inches wide. I just seen a YouTube video of what I'm looking for in a single cab like mine. It had 4 obsidian 10s,with this awesome little armrest. I know I can't fit 4 10s, I'm just going to see what he can give me for cubes.

Johnnys 4 x8's jot sure what power.

That video was a silverado, so he had room for 10's. I think youd be happy with sundown x8's. Theyre 750rms and get plenty loud. A local guy had 6 of them in an ext cab s10 over the summer and did 150+ on a ns1 (6500rms sundown amp). Youll have to check out a local park n pound someday. Most of the time we have them at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens. They get together a few times up in flint i forget where tho. Theres probibly 8 car audio groups for michigan alone.1 of the facebook groups im in is Mitten car audio.

Edited by xoutofmyheadx

I wired the truck and finished the sound deadening, it's ready to see an installer on Mon! I have my c.t sounds 900.1 ran on it's own power wire and the 4 channel has it's own so they don't fight for power. I also put a brand new 850cca battery in,so they have all the power they need. The sundown 6.5s are REALLY moving with that amp. I wasn't clear when I said I bought 6.5 subs for midbass. They are from parts express and they are for midbass, I'm having two boxes built for straight up and down behind the seats. Sealed boxes tuned to 46Hz (what it recommended) with .4 cubic ft. I will fit them between the amps. The front doors are going to 5x7 components.

Man I'm really confused now, I read if you use a bigger box than recommended you can underpowered them a they will pound. I have calculated four different times,3 ways I come up with 3 cubic ft.So that's what I have to work with and I'm planning on running it at 1ohm so 1183rms watts.So 2 10s,3 or 4 8s or maybe the hst stereo integrity(if I oversized the box and raised it above the seats so it can be over 9or 10 wide) Instead of will this work with that question that doesn't help anyone. Is there a formula or rule to go by for this? Like it's ok to give it 200rms less if you give it this much more room?

Out of my head: I would love to come out to those things , I never know where they are. If you want some help with your box ,and I would like to learn.Your not that far, I could come down no problem. I guess I'll have to go bigger,if I'm gonna show it off .

https://youtu.be/zQCu01bddI4

Johnnys 4 x8's jot sure what power.

That video was a silverado, so he had room for 10's. I think youd be happy with sundown x8's. Theyre 750rms and get plenty loud. A local guy had 6 of them in an ext cab s10 over the summer and did 150+ on a ns1 (6500rms sundown amp). Youll have to check out a local park n pound someday. Most of the time we have them at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens. They get together a few times up in flint i forget where tho. Theres probibly 8 car audio groups for michigan alone.1 of the facebook groups im in is Mitten car audio.

stop with the bonerific 8 recommendations. There are very, very few installs where they make sense. Especially if it is only one And ported. Complete waste.