Sign in to follow this  
jearhart

AX line at ikesound?

US Amps AX/ MD and RE audio are being taken of the Ike sound site.

Yes, the prices were full retail, best contact a dealer for thier price.

New RE and US AMPs web sites up end of the month.

No chick, there has been much more poor things said for that choice than good. Most car audio junkies dont appreciate the "sex sells" reference and believe it "cheapens" the line all together. I expect this from Audiobahn, not US. Since the MSRP has put the RE line ABOVE JL, and price makes them (JL) the laughingstock of the net (welcome to that club) id do all i could to make sure nothing happened to my amp line. ;)

No flash, not everyone has broadband....your killing dialuppers.

The RE site needs a TOTAL revamp. There isnt enough space to list whats wrong with that site.

too late fore suggestions....site is done already hehe

US Amps AX/ MD and RE audio are being taken of the Ike sound site.

Yes, the prices were full retail, best contact a dealer for thier price.

New RE and US AMPs web sites up end of the month.

No chick, there has been much more poor things said for that choice than good. Most car audio junkies dont appreciate the "sex sells" reference and believe it "cheapens" the line all together. I expect this from Audiobahn, not US. Since the MSRP has put the RE line ABOVE JL, and price makes them (JL) the laughingstock of the net (welcome to that club) id do all i could to make sure nothing happened to my amp line. ;)

No flash, not everyone has broadband....your killing dialuppers.

The RE site needs a TOTAL revamp. There isnt enough space to list whats wrong with that site.

too late fore suggestions....site is done already hehe

Never too late to try to stop a company from shooting itself in the foot.

(Since chit rolls down hill, its dealers as well. ;) )

US AMPS is still working on new web site. A link to non flash based site, on front page, will be added in the next few weeks. Moreover, a link will be added to accesses the original US AMPS web site.

ok, time for me to vent and rant.

i don't think RE was making any $ with their "direct pricing". i could be wrong, but i think RE was about to give up the ghost if they hadn't got bought and straightened up. everyone got it good while prices were so cheap. best to look at it as "promotional prices" to get the line known. towards the end, i recall lot's of people having problems getting ahold of them, getting recones, getting product. i don't think they were in good shape from everyone getting those low ball deals.

check out "woofersetc" and then check out "zapco's" home page about buyer beware. some of these roach sites that seem legit, are more full of crap than a bull's pen. it's trash places like these that make people think dealers are a rip off. because half the time, they can buy it online for less than a legit dealer can get it for. or they see it advertised and that site can't even get it. they just "launder" your $ and say it's back ordered for a month. then turn around and push the customer into a diff brand. hell, i've even seen some places selling gear that was never made! they cut and pasted a picture of an idea line, and claim they have them on the shelf!

i see people squawking here and there about the XXX price jump. but don't they remember that isn't the same sub as last year?

doesn't everyone want a job where they can at least make more than minimum wage? doesn't great speaker and amp companies schooled engineers deserve more than minimum wage for all of their 20 hour days, 7 days a week, hard work in coming up with these lines? don't dealers need to make a little bit of $ to run their shops, pay thier employees, and overhead also?

if people were in their shoe's they'd sure agree. so i think the masses of the "nay sayers" need to give it a little more thought rather than just cry because they want someone else to pay for their free ride.

i know i sure don't want to work for free and then pay out of my pocket on top of it, just for all the cheapskates thinking someone else should pay to support their audio habbit.

I disagree with the not making profit. Every company is out there to make a profit. Company's that sell direct leave out the middle man (which often is a very expensive cost) and can cut the prices down. Now I don't know the cost to produce the woofers but I'm sure RE could have increased the cost a little on their own and still be able to sell them. Not saying that they weren't selling too low originally, but if they wanted to increase the price so that they would have not gone under they should have. If they didn't then it was just a business decision and would have eventually been bought out anyways.

Many people see direct sales as the wave of the future in many products. I am one that believes we need both a mix of direct sales as well as local sales. How are local salesmen to compete? Simple, differentiate themselves by methods such as quick and friendly customer service, knowledgable staff (gawd knows theres a bunch of dumbasses out there that don't know squat and fry their stuff), and a nice work area. Besides, it's very rare to see internet sales pull the majority of sales from shops as most of the sales they make are probably low-end brands because not everyone is an enthusiast.

As for the online stores selling products against the manufacturers wishes, I agree with that statement; they are basically stealing the business and marketing techniques of the company.

Just some rebuttal ranting, and of course all IMO

;)

they might have profited per woofer. but i doubt they had the volume they needed being a pretty much online brand with a few real dealers. i bet they shot themselves in the foot with what they did with the MT sales. there a few companies that don't want anything to do with spl because the amount of $ it takes in R&D to produce a nasty sub, is very hard to recoup.

i agree, everyone looks to get the best deal and the most for their $. and also, when they're sitting on the couch and can't find a job, they can also remember that doing away with the middle man, just did away with more jobs.

and there is the situation where there isn't a dealer for a brand within a hundred miles or more. so having it shipped is the most logical thing.

I do not like how it was handled and I have vented about this topic numerous times and I do not want to get back into it.