Sign in to follow this  
E-Dogg

Buying speakers from E-Bay - good or bad idea?

Hey gang,

Exhausting all my options on pricing speakers - both subs and components. As the topic states, is it ok to buy speakers from "E store" vendors? They have language that state are "new in box", "never opened" etc....

I'm skeptice when it comes to buying electronics on line but these are speakers,.....but still concerned.

What's your take? Any experience? If so, any references?

Thanks for the help!

E

i have a friend that has ordered a few off ebay and they were just fine. been working for about 3 years now, no problems. i have ordered all kinds of stuff from ebay stores and never had one problem. you will be just fine im sure.

E-dogg, I would make sure and research the seller before you buy. What are you looking for?

Bobby = Good to know, sir and makes me feel much more comfortable.

denim = Basically subs and components from JL, Rainbow (components), Focal's (components), MB Quart's (components) and Diamond (components).

I've been reading the vendor's feedback and honestly, I'm quite impressed with the amount of items sold and near perfect feedback. Some, indeed are flawless.

My concern is if the equipment is "B Stock", refurbished or ....whatever???

Any other things to look for in an E-Bay vendor?

E

I just read through everything to make sure that it isnt b-stock or refurbished. I like to buy with a 1 year warranty from an ebay seller just to make sure. Some of the cheapest prices on products found on ebay are only a 90day warranty and for maybe say, $20 more, a seller will provide you with a 1year warranty and the price will still be cheaper than any where else. But the thing about the warranties is that they are not the retailers warranty, some people really want to have retailer warranties and stuff. Its all up to if the person they want to take a chance with an unothorized dealer or go to a real dealer.

Have you looked into SoundSplinter or Stereo Integrity for subs?

Also talk to flakko he might have some models of Focal components.

i think it would be a good idea to search some forums classifieds and see what you can find there. again you will have to research the seller but many times you can get things cheaper than ebay or you can get the next model up for the same price in the same condition.

I'd rather buy from a forum, especially here but there are other sites than are fine too.

i buy everything from ebay....and everything works fine

the only problem i ran into is that i bout my last amp "used" and it turned out to be used and refurbished. it works and everything but i got a feelin i'll be running into problems sooner or later

but when they state "new in box"...and the seller has high feedback with alot of sales, believe me, go for it