Hey guys, I have an 03 BUICK CENTURY v6. I recently put in a 12 in SSA GCON . Built a custom box 2.25 net @33 hz slot ported. Ran all ofc knuconcepts 4 gauge. Monster rca's . Active loc and factory head unit. Amp is a Rockford prime 750.1 running at 1ohm into the GCON... 

Now u know what I got, well last nite I got her all hooked up, went to test her out, and every time my bass hits my headlights blink with the bass! I hate cars with systems that do that... Can anyone tell me why?? I was told I would be fine running factory elec with 750 watts?  Even less actually because I barely had the gain up cuz my GCON is brand new! Even at low-moderate  volume it is doing it.... What do I do??? Sorry for the essay! Lol

2 minutes ago, MitchBane said:

Hey guys, I have an 03 BUICK CENTURY v6. I recently put in a 12 in SSA GCON . Built a custom box 2.25 net @33 hz slot ported. Ran all ofc knuconcepts 4 gauge. Monster rca's . Active loc and factory head unit. Amp is a Rockford prime 750.1 running at 1ohm into the GCON... 

Now u know what I got, well last nite I got her all hooked up, went to test her out, and every time my bass hits my headlights blink with the bass! I hate cars with systems that do that... Can anyone tell me why?? I was told I would be fine running factory elec with 750 watts?  Even less actually because I barely had the gain up cuz my GCON is brand new! Even at low-moderate  volume it is doing it.... What do I do??? Sorry for the essay! Lol

Probably pcm controlled alternator,check grounds,do you have the big three?

30 minutes ago, garychurch84 said:

Probably pcm controlled alternator,check grounds,do you have the big three?

No I thought I'd b cool only runnin 1 12 at 750 watts on stock electrical... At least that's the advice I got. What is a pcm alt. Btw I know my batt is good cuz it's like a year old...

Edited by MitchBane
Spelling autocorrect

Looked up the pcm alt... But I don't see how that is a prob. Can anyone explain?

Not saying that's the problem,could be part of it.

It regulates voltage as needed,sometimes it's not quick enough to react to the draw from quick bass beats because it isn't a constant draw.

How and where is the amp grounded?

Imo should be able to run that amp fine.

1 hour ago, garychurch84 said:

Not saying that's the problem,could be part of it.

It regulates voltage as needed,sometimes it's not quick enough to react to the draw from quick bass beats because it isn't a constant draw.

How and where is the amp grounded?

Imo should be able to run that amp fine.

Amp is grounded to a bolt in the trunk sanded down to bare metal at contact point with washer and bolt..should I try a different ground point for the amp? Along with checking the alt and batt grounds? Ground is 2.5 foot ofc 4 ga knuconcepts.

Edited by MitchBane
Added info

Check your volts at the amp while playing kinda loud. . . . The big 3 can help. I would always do that no matter how much power im runnin

Agreed^^^^

If you drive an amp in to clipping its going to draw harder than it should also.

That ground have to be that long?

That's more ground than I would want,but that's just me.

Edited by garychurch84

Merged this with the other topic  you posted.

2 hours ago, Julian said:

Merged this with the other topic  you posted.

Thanks, wasn't 100 percent on where to post it so I did it in both, won't do it again if u guys don't like it...

Ok I'll check the existing connections and order some lengths of OFC today and go from there, thanks guys. 

I'll also see if I can find a better    Location for a shorter ground... 

I doubt the length of your ground is an issue as mine is that long as well. Big 3 will help as well, what is your stock alternator putting out. Amp setttings could be an issue as well, gain barley up doesnt help the situation. Find out your headunits preout voltage because you set your gain to match your h/u's preouts. What are the headunit settings? Hopefully no bass boost, no loud,  no sla etc. As most of your settings should be flat. No bass boost on amp.

Nevermind i see you have a factory h/u. What is this active loc you speak of and how is it set up? Who installed the sytem?

How did you set your gain?  Bet you are clipping the crap out of your amp...

If not, do you have some hideous aftermarket headlight bulbs?

20 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

How did you set your gain?  Bet you are clipping the crap out of your amp...

If not, do you have some hideous aftermarket headlight bulbs?

I agree

I read in one of these two threads he had the gain less than half because the GCON was new

Ok so I got her all fixed up.. The prob was the GROUND for the ALT and the BATT...I loved my GCON from the moment I hooked her up but now, it's on a whole other level !!! Thanks guys for all the tips and suggestions. Also, I WAS clipping the shit outa my amp, LITHIUM EXPLAINED A FEW ISSUES TO ME THAT I HAD COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD (gain setting, clipping ect...) long story short, everything's GOLDEN!  Thanks guys -