Florida_Audio

Why is this amp so cheap? Pioneer GM-D8604 should be fine?

Pioneer GM-D8604

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_63974_Pioneer-GM-D8604.html

its $140. class d

RMS Power @ 4 ohms      100 watts x 4 channels

its around $100 cheaper than the next comparable amplifier that has RMS listed and is a decent name brand?

Im aware that its class D so, thats part of why its cheaper. But other than that, im worried its bad for some reason because of how cheap it is?

Pioneer maybe the best to to answer this question. My guess is that Pioneer doesnt have a high mark up as other companies, among other things. Most of Pioneers equimpent is cheaper than its rivals, just something I always noticed. Price shouldnt reflect its performance vs competitors.

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Pioneer maybe the best to to answer this question. My guess is that Pioneer doesnt have a high mark up as other companies, among other things. Most of Pioneers equimpent is cheaper than its rivals, just something I always noticed. Price shouldnt reflect its performance vs competitors.

ok thanks. ive looked at other pioneer amps, and they all seem quite a bit cheaper than any other name brand amp thats close to the same specs for number of channels and RMS output

should be okay i hope. ive heard alot of reviews of people saying they lost a channel on this amp. some say they look a channel in like 6 months to 1 year of use. weird though, most amazon has these reviews for this item though.

i wonder if places like crutchfield or sonicelexctronix edits their reviews for the products they sell. like maybe the delete the bad reviews, because its hard to find bad reviews for any item they sell on their site.

So losing a channel is ok???  I am an amp is an amp guy but if it doesn't hold up I don't want it.  Hell I am still running an amp I bought in the 80's....

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

So losing a channel is ok???  I am an amp is an amp guy but if it doesn't hold up I don't want it.  Hell I am still running an amp I bought in the 80's....

definitely not okay to loose a channel. just saying alot of reviews said this on amazon only. but just wondering about any1s opinion if they see something in product details that i dont? or any1 have any experience with this type of amp?

weird its so cheap?