Sign in to follow this  
burnboy

ported or sealed?

Ive got 2 15'' d2's and about 7 cubes to work with if that. Should I port it or just go ahead and seal it off? Im running a jbl 1200.1 to them and its in a hatchback. I want all the spl I can get.

yea if you want more noise port it, if you want a tighter bass feel seal it. they'll both be loud though..but a ported one will get you better spl score..

Yup, I'm going with Wedge on this one. Only 7 cubes total???!!! After port and driver displacement, you're looking at a pretty small bow depending on the port of course. I'd stay sealed and slam 'em.

I am going with two sealed in my Altima also. Well once I get a second one in a few weeks. For now I just built a ported box for one to hold me over till then.

Hmm you guys arent helping! I want the maximum spl I can get. I'll go vented if itll get me louder even if it doesnt sound good. Im thinking of making a ported enclosuer that i can plug up and make a huge sealed box. If I do go sealed whats the largest I should make my box and keep it as loud as possible?

Well, if the most volume you have is 7 cubes, make it 7 cubes. Port if you like, but you have been warned. No offense but if you just want to get stinking loud and not sound good, I don't think you should go with Magnums.