Sign in to follow this  
ArrizX

VIP styling my car

Nice tinted glass. Legal Limit. Gettin gear knobs, and looking at matts.

Stereo (what im working for) Ill have by the end of summer.

I have a question...

What do you all think about getting like a Grill, new head and tail lights?

Expensive but nothing compared to rims really.

I thought id see what my fellow computer nerds had to say (lol) about this, so, please check out this thread..

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=40660

Post 20 and 21.

just one thing: STOP TRYING TO RICE OUT YOUR CAR! (please)

that's an awesome car for your first, learn to respect cars for what they are so you dont keep thinking about turning it into some flashy disco ball

A disco ball...hmm...now there's something I need...:D

Lol tongue0024.gif Okay hahaha

I suppose that I can try it out with out any tune ups other then the sound *kicks ground* happy0015.gif

that's an awesome car for your first, learn to respect cars for what they are so you dont keep thinking about turning it into some flashy disco ball

Remember how young he is.....

Do you see old grandpas with 20" rims and aftermarket exhaust and bass bumpin

;)

Lol... True. BUT.... I dont think that like a few years would make a big difference. ALthough, it could be all the difference.

I mean, we like the same rims.. as were talkin on aim, but your 19 and im only 15. So.. I dont know, lol

Do you see old grandpas with 20" rims and aftermarket exhaust and bass bumpin

;)

Yea on there motorcycles :wacky:

But if i were you i'd just go wt the rims.

If you want more rubber on ur tires, just get it lifted and get bigger tires.

At autozone they have these liftkits where you basiclly get the air tool and socket and put it into ur cars springs..pretty easy,

but then again i have a 30gallon air tank wt lots of tools layin around, lol

another thing you can do is go on cardomain and search for your car and just see what kinda mods other people have done and get ideas from them, that way you'll know what things look like on ur car already.

from my experience with the 300E and the 300ce,

don't do too much to the motor and for your car if you fell you must get wheels, do not go larger than 17"

trust me, I have 18's and the tires are very very skinny and not the best for daily driving, great for high speed highway romps, the best idea would be to find some used 17" stock rims from another MB that someone is selling because they got aftermarket rims,

this is a good idea because: 1. the bolt pattern should be similar, 2. less expensive than brand new wheels 3. if your not going to sink money into the car, this is a cheaper upgrade,

I was very tempted to do a very very mild body kit, but my car rests too low as it is, I am not going to want to have to keep patching fiber glass. There are a few kits for your car, but I personally would save the money for keeping the car in top condition and running a good clean audio system. I swear by Bilstien shocks, and they will make a big difference over stock for ride and handling. Just trying to give some ideas.

Well, you have some really good ideas. Thanks.. BUT! However, really you say do a bit of everything, or dont do it at all?

Im not sure what you mean? I think i could get away with at least doing the rims and it would look good those stand alone.

My do everything or nothing it all is for the lowering. I have lowered a couple of cars incorrectly. My current beast however is perfect. In the 40 cars or so that I have owned I have learned a few things. I do think your car would benefit from rims, and some love.

I like Denim's idea of 17" used MB rims. One for the money and two it fits my description of finding something German looking.

As for the love: buff it and make her shine, polish the glass, polish the lenses (signal lights and such), and remove any trim that comes off in a way to make the car look cleaner. I still would like to see if there is something to delete those black rubber things because in the picture they stand out too much, but I wouldn't worry about it so much. With some decent rubber on a rim your car will look sweet.

Lastly, if you put a spoiler on that car I might fly to Cali and shoot you.

x2

You dont need fancy floor mats or shift knobs or pedal covers. I only got a shift knob because my interior is CF accented from teh factory and the regular shift know stuck out like a sore thumb more than the fact that a truck has CF acented door panels and dash trim.

As stated keep your rotating mass to a minimum. for car sized rims/tires the rule of thumb is 1:10. So for what equals an extra pound ath the furthest point away from the center is like adding 10lbs of weight to the car its self. 10lbs on the wheels means 100lbs on the car and that is a tenth on your ET 1/4 mile.

Dont worry about perfomrance. The E-Class is a luxury mobile. get rims big enough to look good but where you can keep a tire on it with a good ammount of side wall.

Coilovers are not nessicary unless you plan on doing autoX or something. Get a simple spring drop and only a little bit to accent the stance more.

like i said before and what has been said by others, get the rims off of another, more perfomrance oriented MB. Depending on where you live you can buy S-Class rims from wheel shops on the cheap. Customer comes in and gets dubs on their S-Class and doesnt want their old rims :ughdunno: shop sells them and makes more money.

03.mercedes.s-class.f34.500.jpg

would look good on your car IMHO

Just make sure to check the offset and bolt patterns before you buy anything. Buying the wrong offset, particularly on German metal will cause tramlining and other unfun driving characteristics.

Just make sure to check the offset and bolt patterns before you buy anything.  Buying the wrong offset, particularly on German metal will cause tramlining and other unfun driving characteristics.

:+1:

sign0017.gif

I was talking with Elderado on aim last night, we were digging through eBay for rims, and we both agreed I needed something that looked like this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-AMG-Merc...sspagenameZWDVW

I dont think ill bother with lowering the car, ill just bigger side walls. Although, that should fill up the wheel-well because I think I only have 15'' or 16'' on it now. Ill go check.

1cf08cddcbb62c1f088abe580797d3ca.th.jpg 93f096280eda3a6783155551f4737595.th.jpg

Upload Jpg with PicTiger

Sorry, the first picture is bad, but I only have 16'' rims. So if I get 17'', I could fill the wheel-well and not even have to bother with lowering the car, because it would look good with the well full?

Edit-

On the close up, you can see where the Winter Deicer has coroded the aluminum. Also you can see the grease that the power washer cant even get off :P

Edited by ArrizX

Nice choice. The other beauty with those is that they will be easy to sell when you are getting rid of your car. German car drivers are keen on factory metal for some reason.

Well, I have no problem with factory. Assuming the rims dont look like mine :P

do not change the over all diameter of what you have now

the ones you found on ebay are very nice, but I do not know the offset of those

check out www.carsound.com/forum

there was someone on there selling mercedes rims.........i'll go look and re-post a link.

J

I like those AMG wheels...very classy.

So then stick with 16''?

Sorry, but what is the 'offset'?

Off set is the distance the rim face is from the middle of the rim.

Fat lip rims have a negative offset, most stock rims with a flat face have + offset