Sign in to follow this  
ArrizX

Sub Placement

Okay, Elderado told me that in my car, i have a gas tank between the trunk and the back seat. I actually think that the tank wall is my trunk wall.

Anyways, Odds are good that I cant get wire back through any cracks there.. So, where do I put it? <pics tomorrow when its daylight>

So, I was thinking maybe right behind the drivers seat in a nice sealed box with some plexy glass over the top so it doesnt get stepped on. Either that *not behind the passenger seat becaues its always moved* or I can stick it in the rear deck.

Like, I could be able to drop it inbetween the two rear speakers? But I would need to check the space between the deck and the gas tank. Als find out if it would support a 10 or 12 inch. I dont even think I could get a 12'' behind myseat. Guess we will find out tomorrow wont we.

Just, ideas please. I understand if I dont get any replies till I get some pics up.

How about a bandpass through the little opening between the speakers.

Do you mean like take out the back seats? Remember im in HS, so I still have to tote people around when i go to sports and stuff. So I cant take that out.

Oops, i forgot pics!

Damn, I think its too dark now, ill try though.

Also, maybe just get another sub, and put them in a bandpass? I think bandpass is kind of cool, as well as it protects the subs nicely.

Ill go work on those pics.

About 47''

fc0b52dc4b89fcb856c3d9f542ea7615.th.jpg

Another angle of the 47''

a78b259ba99925d35598ef4f2a74565f.th.jpg

The Med Kit that I told Elderado I didnt have, and still thought I didnt untill I took these shots

dcc8c90dd75c56ab6173180072cb6ed2.th.jpg

Arm rest that I thought I could pull out and cut a hole, but then I thought of the tank, so its a useless pic

c43c33489f4f4ddbc880c67346663ef0.th.jpg

From the top of the seats to the window 13''

a6cbc84ae554afc4a77154eb48953922.th.jpg

The med kit box underside

9e2cc96e8d73265bcb8c092c10445b00.th.jpg

top is the med kit box, white is the back of the seat, and the black is the tank, and the fabric is the gas tank

cb0ecb3b7593dcb05eab60a15ba59907.th.jpg

Shows my armorall and shows you where the med kit box (through the window) is compared to the gas tank

84706b3ff3587cd01a2fb3da878a6e61.th.jpg

Same as the one above, just different angle

4e68d8d83d15a8b83fbad76d8bcdd6a2.th.jpg

Images Hosting - PicTiger

Conclustion:

I do what I planned on before. I put the sub in the back, the only different think I want to do, is take out the med kit box, and get a rear deck cover for the hole that would show. That way there is a vent from the trunk to the cab.

What do you all think?

Edited by ArrizX

my first aid kit is ported, tireryr has an ID IB on his rear deck, and bigpete has an ongoing install on here with a sub going in his rear deck

i've got my 8's in my rear deck as well

where the stock 6x9s used to be

Hows it sound with the 8's in the deck?

And I dont know exactly what im doing. I plan on kick panels, but that might not happen. So I gotta plan on 6.5's in the back, with 4'' in the front. And I want the music to blend, so..

Edit-

And.. I did plan (with Elderados help) that I am just going to get the four 4'' Focals and the Alpine HU and do the sub at a later time by myself, so I get exactly what i want (not what dad or cartoys thinks is best)

So yeah..

Edited by ArrizX

Put a good high excursion 8" or 10" subwoofer under the dash in the center of the car, situated like a center console :)

I never said get 4 focals.

I said get 2 focals and get the lowest 4" speakers they have

We where going to build a ported box for my friends tiburon that mounted like the back deck that lifts when you open the hatch. You could do the same (except no lifting because its not a hatch). We where going to go with 3 Tang Band 8's, should be more than enough for a little car like yours or his :)

I have an 8" sub glassed in where the factory mid in each door used to be .... I gave up 0 trunk space. They can hit like 128 dB or so - more than enough for a daily driver. And my 75X4 amp doesn't suck the electrical system dry either.

Hey ArrizX. I just now saw this thread. You drive a 190e and I drive a 300ce, but they are fairly similar in terms of trunk setup. You have multiple options here.

First off, check out my stereo installation thread that is on this forum (if you're the impatient type, start on page 4):

Click Here

Here is another thread of a 190e infinite baffle installation that had 2 8's in the rear deck. He doesn't talk much about the steps, but it gives you an idea of fitment:

Clicky

To do an infinite baffle installation, you have to do a lot of work to make sure your trunk is 100% sealed off from the cabin. But you save a lot of trunk space. It's not gonna give you loud boomy bass... it's more of an sound quality installation.

Your trunk isn't COMPLETELY sealed, so if you put some big subs in the trunk, you will be able to hear it just fine. This is what Denim did in his 300ce. So the gas tank in the trunk isn't the end of the world, but it definitely creates a lot more work for you...

Also note that you can run cables into the trunk very easily. Take the trim panels out of your trunk and poke around. Take your rear seats out, too. You'll see what you need to do.

Good luck, buddy. Let me know if you have any questions. Everyone here is very knowledgeable, as opposed to some of the more popular car audio forums where people just want to know the quickest way to shatter your windows with loud bass.