ngsm13

Got a new car...

Well, new to me.

Pretty excited.

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE, 4door, 42000miles, Maroon Red...

$3500.

It'll be my commuter car, since it'll get great gas mileage. (Unlike the <15 mpg my v6 truck gets :( )

So, nothing amazing... just a nice solid car... first car I've owned. (I'm a truck guy...)

Pics... when I get a chance.

:)

nG

Nissans are known for their rattles.

My friends maxima rattles so bad it sounds like its going to fall apart.

You know you'll put some bass ( TC 3hp 15) in it ;)

nice score though, low miles, cheap price ftw !

Nissans are known for their rattles.

My friends maxima rattles so bad it sounds like its going to fall apart.

You know you'll put some bass ( TC 3hp 15) in it ;)

nice score though, low miles, cheap price ftw !

Nope.

I'll be putting a CD player in it.

That's it for some time.

Maybe in the future deaden the doors and put some nice coaxials up front, then two RE8's sealed in the rear deck. (Deadener on rear deck as well. )

Prolly look for an older Alpine HU...

w00t.

nG

Edited by ngsm13

15mpg from a v6? hell im getting 19-20 with my foot to the floor ALL The time and a 4.10 rearend and 30" tires.

your truck pwnz you in gas.

seems like you got a good deal. Those are nice lil cars to whip around in.

OT, Kickin and Noah, how much where your custom tags for your trucks? im thinking about getting one next year when my tags are due (i just did tags since it was just my B-Day).

Yeah, my 92 V6 Dodge suck for gas mileage... I wish I at least had a V8 if I got mileage this bad. Hell, my Dad's 02 Silverado V8 get 17-18 mpg... :(

But yeah... I'll be driving it all week to see what type of mileage I get.

My custom plates were like.... $35 or $45 extra over top of regular registration... I can't remember which.

nG

NICE FIND!

42,000 miles for 3500

Can't beat that mang.

Titties :)

Yeah, my 92 V6 Dodge suck for gas mileage... I wish I at least had a V8 if I got mileage this bad. Hell, my Dad's 02 Silverado V8 get 17-18 mpg... :(

But yeah... I'll be driving it all week to see what type of mileage I get.

My custom plates were like.... $35 or $45 extra over top of regular registration... I can't remember which.

nG

ill have to look into that. I wonder what is avalable in Fl...probably not much.

15mpg from a v6? hell im getting 19-20 with my foot to the floor ALL The time and a 4.10 rearend and 30" tires.

your truck pwnz you in gas.

In the MAzda? With that inefficient 4.0L, I think your math is suspect. Especially given the gearing and tires. Truck isn't exactly light either.

Im the 3.0L Flexi Fule v6

and stop and go im anywhere from 17-19 and cruising 50-60 (most of my driving where i live) with the windows up and AC on low im 19-20. I run 60 most everywhere i go though and at that speed my RPM's are around 2500, just below.

when i get on the interstate though i drop down to 18mpg or so...RPM's are around 3000-3500 depending on traffic flow (70-80mph)

You also have to remember noah's truck is older and automatic. Im 5 speed :)

and beleive it or not the Gibson Exaust + Synthetic oil gave me a 0.5-1mpg difference. :)

Im the 3.0L Flexi Fule v6

and stop and go im anywhere from 17-19 and cruising 50-60 (most of my driving where i live) with the windows up and AC on low im 19-20. I run 60 most everywhere i go though and at that speed my RPM's are around 2500, just below.

when i get on the interstate though i drop down to 18mpg or so...RPM's are around 3000-3500 depending on traffic flow (70-80mph)

You also have to remember noah's truck is older and automatic. Im 5 speed :)

Damn, that's surprising! Might have to read up a little more on the FF engine.

i could get alot better milage if i had the 3.73 rearend instead of the 4.10

but then i couldnt pull a boat out as easily, espeically with thoes tires. It isnt the most powerful nor does it have the most torque, but it makes good torque down low and the curve is relatively flat, it pulls my parents 19' bayliner loaded with crap easily. Much easier than my moms 4cyl Nissan which makes around the same power (abotu 15 less) not quite as much torque (30lb/ft less) but the first 3,000 RPM or its 5,000 RPM range are worthless and the 3.XX rear end it has on thoes little tiny tires just about met their mach trying to pull the boat out of a boat ramp without much incline.