duece212

RLP-12 Installed

Well fired up my system for the first time today. I'm digging this 12. I thought since I have a trunk car (06 mustang) it couldn't get loud, I was wrong. I did the recommended 1.2 sealed box and with only 600 watts it gets plenty loud/low and sounds extremely good doing it.

I do believe this thing would take a good deal more power though, its barely moving with the 600w I am giving it.

Thanks to Mike for the great sub and the great price. I am extremely pleased with the sub. Unfortunately my digicam is MIA so no pics :(

I have 260w worth of front stage and it can't hang with this 12, guess its time for more power up front :)

thats good to hear duece

and jearhart, that sounds like a sweet set up

I love mine as well, glad you are digging it.

^^^^ yeah i am straying from my sq system goals with that part of my system, but i figure if the bass is clean its still sq right :woot:

Ok, have been diggin the 12 in its sealed box. I'm planning on building an enclosure using the spare tire well now to lower the weight in the car, secure it a bit better. I constantly fear sending the box/sub flying when I corner/accelerate hard.

With the new enclosure I'm thinking about trying ported. I listen to mostly rock with the occasional bit of rap thrown in. Would the 1.5 at 34hz still give me the tight kick drum that I dig so much in the sealed box?

Also with the new enclosure the sub will be facing up...will I be losing alot of gain from going up instead of back?

Depends on how you like your bass. A larger box with a lower tuning will have a flatter response, but the box you describe will have the most output and in a rap friendly area.

werd. it seems that sealed (even in a bigger box) the rl-p lacks a little lowend.

ported is where the craziness comes to life

My 2.0ft^3 tuned to 28Hz off of the XT2000D kicks you right in the stomach when the kicks start thumpin.

hrmm...the other option I'm thinking is a 15 in 2.1 sealed since the 15 only weighs 4 lbs more. I hate to say what was once loud only took a few weaks for me to want more :ughdunno:

I don't think I could go much bigger than 1.5 at 34 without getting to big/heavy with a slot port

12 ported = the cost of wood

15 ported = 275 bucks and a 12 layin around I don't need anymore

What to do what to do...SS needs an upgrade program :)

12 ported = cost of wood. ive got mine 1.5 tuned to 32 and it gets freakin louder than ill ever want it.

My 2.0ft^3 tuned to 28Hz off of the XT2000D kicks you right in the stomach when the kicks start thumpin.

just curious, sicne you are running yours in a very similar box, and I am sure you box is as solid as mine if not better, and since you are running about the same power,

how are your gains set and what level of signal voltage is your amplifer getting?

I ask because mine is @27hz and Orion 8002 on it. :thanx:

Alpine CDA-7894, at +15 on the subwoofer volume, has a 4V output. I usually keep the sub volume at +5-10 for listening purposes... +15 overpowers the front stage.

Gain is set to ~4V... but its just a guess at the moment. Need to get the o-scope and some -3dB tones to check it out.

Alpine CDA-7894, at +15 on the subwoofer volume, has a 4V output. I usually keep the sub volume at +5-10 for listening purposes... +15 overpowers the front stage.

Gain is set to ~4V... but its just a guess at the moment. Need to get the o-scope and some -3dB tones to check it out.

o ok, my car's trunk just asorbs so much of the bass output :ehh:

I've read that sedans generally get the most exaggerated low end response, although I find the response in my Max a tad peaky..

Edited by joebangaa

neons, cavs and sunfires...best trunk cars for output..lol...

maybe becasue they are cheaply made??

and hey aaron, didn't i build your enclosure? i honestly can't remember which one i built for you...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

12 ported = cost of wood.  ive got mine 1.5 tuned to 32 and it gets freakin louder than ill ever want it.

I think that might be what I try. Next weekend I glass my spare tire well to see what kind of volume I get, I'm expecting about 1.25 to 1.5 ft^3.

The fun part will be figuring out how to build up from the spare well to get more room and incorporate a port. I can't think of a clean way of doing it yet, but maybe when I get the glass base built some ideas will start flowing.

I've read that sedans generally get the most exaggerated low end response, although I find the response in my Max a tad peaky..

Its probably from the trunk rattling off