Sign in to follow this  
mrogowski

Help me out here guys...

Hi Guys,

I recall seeing something like this before but I can't place my finger on it. Speaking with the firm, they said they haven't sent any of these to North America in over a year.

Perhaps I'm thinking of a European company....

What's your take?

12-1.jpg

I don't think that will fare well with the market you are catering to. It may not be the market you wanted, but a lot of attention to your site has bloomed across the DIY boards. Frankly, I couldn't see anyone amongst this crowd who would be interested. I may be wrong, but. . .

I don't think that will fare well with the market you are catering to.  It may not be the market you wanted, but a lot of attention to your site has bloomed across the DIY boards.  Frankly, I couldn't see anyone amongst this crowd who would be interested.  I may be wrong, but. . .

x2!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm still trying to figure out what purpose the extended basket is trying to serve...

If I had to run that in my car, I'd be so embarassed it would have to hide in a band pass box. Not that there would be a reason in hell that I'd be in a situation where I had to, but nonetheless.

Hmm.. I could have sworn there was a company in Britain that had/has a design similar to this. I just can't place my finger on it. I recall seeing the link on DIYAudio.

Only other dual basket drivers I've seen have been from Memphis and Elevation Audio. Perhaps Ground Zero EUR has something like this? COuld be what you are thinking of.

What in gods name is that.

Seems like a total waste of space and non linear movement

Only other dual basket drivers I've seen have been from Memphis and Elevation Audio.  Perhaps  Ground Zero EUR has something like this?  COuld be what you are thinking of.

i'm pretty sure it isn't GZ...

magnet structure reminds me of Focal. Utopia, i guess

If you could ditch the second basket it might be worth it. But I agree with Ryan, it would be a departure from your target market that I am guessing. It never hurts to add options for the customers, as long as they buying them.

Well, I don't really have a target market.... ok, I didn't have one but now I do. I just like weird and interesting things; if its weird enough, I order a sample.

But I appreciate your insight, especially since you're more involved in the car audio aspect than I. And clearly, this is something that is focused on that industry (read awww factor) and not much else.

Thanks guys.

Mark

Well, I don't really have a target market.... ok, I didn't have one but now I do.  I just like weird and interesting things; if its weird enough, I order a sample.

But I appreciate your insight, especially since you're more involved in the car audio aspect than I.  And clearly, this is something that is focused on that industry (read awww factor) and not much else.

Thanks guys.

Mark

find me a large 8" driver.... :)

Loyd L.

I know what driver you are refering to. I forget the name but the motor was exactly the same only where it is blue on the one in the picture it was read and the basket was different. Cone was similar if i remember correctly.

Well, I don't really have a target market.... ok, I didn't have one but now I do.  I just like weird and interesting things; if its weird enough, I order a sample.

But I appreciate your insight, especially since you're more involved in the car audio aspect than I.  And clearly, this is something that is focused on that industry (read awww factor) and not much else.

Thanks guys.

Mark

Well you control your target market. I am just making an assumption based on the products and the price. You can easily move some up market equipment if you keep growing in business and popularity.