Sign in to follow this  
ghart999

Please recommend enclosure for 2 rl-p 12's

Hi all,

Newbie here. I have decided to purchase 2 RL-P 12's being pushed by a tantrum 1200.1. Each driver will be getting about 750 W each of clean a/b power.

I am mostly looking for serious impact and the bass drum range. I want Def Leppard and AC/DC kick drums to kick the hell out of my chest. Dave Mathews' "Crash", etc.

I have about a max of 4 cf I can work with. Based on this what would you recommend enclosure-wise?

I know sealed always offers the smoothest curve, But I keep hearing that these drivers shine in a ported box more than many others.

Can a ported box still produce tight, accurate bass that I need?

Thanks all.

The enclosures on their site work very well.

Smaller enclosure= tighter but you loose the low end.

With two of them, you won't really notice the loss, since its going to be so damn loud.

1.5 net ea (3.0 total net) tuned to 30-32. You will need 3 4" aeroports, and I recommend you use them since room may be tight.

With two of them, you won't really notice the loss, since its going to be so damn loud.

1.5 net ea (3.0 total net) tuned to 30-32. You will need 3 4" aeroports, and I recommend you use them since room may be tight.

Thank you. How long should the ports be and does it matter where I place them on the front baffle?

WinISD says that if I use 3 4" ports that they each need to be 26" long. Clearly this is too long. Can I just use a slot port of about 3" x 15"? According to winISD it would need to be 27.7" long. This would be much easier to make. I am new to ported boxes so I want to make sure I have this right. Thank you.