CBFryman

Two Questions, Brakes and Spark Plugs

It would be $10 per if I didnt have the hook up. The rotar is rather thick so I dont think it will be much of a problem.

Turns out you CAN see them in the light, when I cleaned them it was about 8:00 (getting dusk) and the garrage lights are less than desireable. In the sun today you can see them. I dont think there will be a problem turning them and for free, why not?

I paid $45 for pads, top of the line at Discount Autoparts. Made sure they had shims. I'm going to rebleed the break system and check the calipers so that this doesnt happen agian. Jiffy installed the pad crooked and the caliper was not properly adjusted to have even clamping force on both sides of the rotar. Turns out I have 1/4" of pad on one side and none on half of the other and just a tad on the other half.

Jiffy FTL.

I'm really not looking forward to repacking my bearings.

and spark plugs didnt solve the problem on her car. It idles smoother but that is about it.

All of her old plugs looked good but two where out of gap so I fixed that. No sparks in the dark either. Next I'm going to check to make sure the distributor is in working order (she just had it replaced) and I'm going to figure out how to drain some of the tranny fluid. She has well over an inch above the "Full Max" mark on the dip stick. If that doesnt fix it I'm done with the car and she can take it back to the mechanic.

I won't delve further into the rotors, but have you changed the plug wires? Plug wires will begin degrading in as little as 5000 miles and can become totally useless after 10K easily, especially with fouling plugs and/or bad cap/rotor. It could even be as simple as a loose plug wire. Being as how the distributor was recently replaced, see if they put a new ignition module on as well, and did it properly. Also, did they set the timing properly?

There are so many things here it could be, JUST from reading about it. Fuel pump, fuel pressure, air in fuel line, timing chain, worn cam lobe, converter, etc. . .

We eliminated everything fule from it. We replaced the filter and checked fule pressure, all good.

It's down to the ignition or transmission.

plugs and wires. wires are like 40-50bux though, i've yet to replace mines, lol, maybe thats why it runs a bit rough, but it still goes.

In the midst of changing my transmission now, maybe i'll take pics.

It's F-U-E-L

same difference.