Looking around for a new head unit I've found that the majority of units from reputable companies (save alpine) dont have pause in their mid level units. Kenwood, Pioneer, Eclipse...none of them have pause in the $2-$300 range. My CD3434 doesnt have pause. Even sony units lack pause. Pioneer and Kenwood's lower units have pause and all of their highest units have pause...but in between it seems to be the companies think we dont like to pause our music or compeat... :ughdunno:

/rant

I have never used mine ....... I didn't even know it had it until a judge left it on pause and I had to figure out how to get it playing again.

Edited by PaulD

I think a lot of the pause buttons are on the remote controls and not the actual units themselves.

The only reason I still am keeping my Alpine is because it has a pause button!!

And Pause buttons aren't even on the controller's on other head unit's too.

x2 Tirefryr

Most pause buttons are on remotes.

I know for certain Kenwood and Pioneer have had it on the remotes for years now.

i love the ATT button on pioneers...thats the only reason i may get a pioneer and sell my eclipse cd8445, cuase i dont like to mute it, then half the song goes by...i like to pause it. i think i may sell it soon...

I like to pause it, especially when I'm riding with someone. We can listen to music, pause, have a conversation, and resume. It's also good for cruising when you dont want to listen to the stereo, but when idiots are trying to show off you can just temporarily unpause it for a few seconds and most times they turn it down. :D

I'm thinking about selling my CD3434 and buying an Alpine 9852 or finding a Pioneer or Kenwood that has pause on the remote at least.

The remote has pause.

No, lol. I dont think pause is in eclipse's dictionary. SQueers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4B5lgelc6zl/c...HP680&s=0&cc=01

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4B5lgelc6zl/c...=300&I=133C7303

no pause, even on the remote

I like this kenwood...and it has pause

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4B5lgelc6zl/c...300&I=113MP5032

Well ima prally sell my cd8445 soon, I like it, just don't like some features...like no pause, the remotes volume is UNGODLY slow...and to change tracks, when I hit a bump, the damn knob slips and goes up 10 songs lol...might get an 06 pioneer

Yes, it seems Eclipse is VERY slow. Sometimes doesnt even read CR-R's even after putting a lense cleaning disk in.

Ya I'm selling it before the value depreciates any more!

What are some good high end good sounding models u reccomend, must have pause! Lol

I'm at best buy now, and it seems that the knob on the pioneer 7800 is rather hard to turn...not as smooth as the other models...need plyers to change tracks lol...maybe its just broken like every other display piece of car audio is?

You might ask to see another unit of the same modle before purchasing.

Anything Alpine will have pause once you buy the remote and alpine's have just as good SQ as any other and are generally quite vibration resistant (you will need that eventually ;) )

Hahahah....what's the top of the line alpine? And how do the 06 pioneers withstand loud bass?

Alpines don't come with remotes? Alpine = gay! Lol

ok, after the SQueer comment I know why you needa pause button .... to cue up the bass track until the judge says go, especially on the new MECA drive-by type rules. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why you needed one.

lol. Nothing agianst SQ guys but if you are compeating SPL you almost have to have pause.

I might want to get an Eclipse CD8445 and get rid of my Alpine CDA-9851. The Eclipse has a ton more tuning features and the 8v pre-outs. But, you guys seem to not like the Eclipse... should I get one, or no?

Eclipse is awsome for SQ...it just processes slowly and doesnt have pause...not optimal for SPL.