Sign in to follow this  
mlstrass

15" RL-P Box Sizes/Tuning

I started out with 5^3 @30Hz for 2 15's per Mike from SS. SQ was excellent and lows were amazing. I consider this my reference box.

Then I went to 5.8^3 @35Hz. Was shooting for 6^3 @ 34Hz, but did some goofy math at 2am. Subs had more punch in the mid/upper bass, but lacked low end compared to the "ref" box. It was definitely louder, but lacked impact. I tried it for 2 days and didn't care for it.

I extended the ports and ended up with 5.4^3 @ 32Hz. I consider this the ultimate tune for LSQ. Plenty of deep lows, loud as he!!, and still very articulate and musical. Kick drums literally beat the car to death. Thank god for the 150#'s of sound deadener I have in there, but I'll need to do more to the rear package shelf as it's vibrating again.

Few days worth of playing around and now I'm loving my RL-P's even more!!!! :OhYeah:

Nice review, glad you found what you were looking for. I have not hear to many bad things about the RLPs period. Good stuff

Nice review, glad you found what you were looking for. I have not hear to many bad things about the RLPs period. Good stuff

RL-P's are VERY impressive LSQ subs. Very articulate and musical, but will pound when you want them to. They're a perfect match for my front/rear stage.

Yes I run a rear stage, Pioneer REV's off a Profile amp with the trigger wired to a toggle. When in the mood I flip the switch, turn up the sub amp and let her rip :woot: VERY loud and very pleasing to my ears.

I always here the same thing when I demo my set up for someone: man those subs play low and d@mn is your system clean sounding, and that's at stupid loud volumes.

nice looking boxes

First time using BB and I love it. Much less dust than MDF and boxes are at least 15 pounds lighter per box, so a lot easier to get in/out. Just slapped on some stain I had in the house and a few coats of poly.