Sign in to follow this  
jackp

SSD 10 and daily driver power

I have a single 10 right now and will be upgrading with a second soon. I would like to know if these subs can handle maybe 900 watts for a daily driver? Dual 2 ohm DVC and box at 2 cubic feet.

I have a single 10 right now and will be upgrading with a second soon. I would like to know if these subs can handle maybe 900 watts for a daily driver? Dual 2 ohm DVC and box at 2 cubic feet.

You will be fine, if its a nice clean 900rms.

Ive got about 800 to mine... but they are sealed and babied more than most peoples. No too much abuse going on when about the only thing they see is kick drum.

Im sure if you arent pushing them with max power all day and running them into clipping from lack of headroom... you wont have any issues at all. 2 cuft ported after displacment will work fine. Id tune them around 33 for a solid daily driver with a little kick to it.

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Scott

with the single i have now its running on and audiobaun A8000V mono 800 watts bridged at 2 ohms. the problem is if i drive them hard on a road trip for instance it cuts off after about an hour. Could this amp power to drivers? O, one more thing there a speaker competetion at my school later in the year. No one has heard of Fi and id like to blow them out of the water! I heard that 126 Db was the highest last year. I think that 2 SSD 10's will pass that right?

So are you getting 2 10" subs? I'm sorry I don't really understand.

If you are going to be giving 2 10" subs a combined 1800 wattsrms I don't see why with the right install you couldn't do well, but it really depends on the installation/car.

What kind of car?

Are you using 1 sub or two?

Were you planning on splitting 800 watts, or getting 2 amps?

Edited by tejcurrent

I would think you could do better than that. I have (2) ssd12's coming monday and I am going ported. On the woofers i have now (not FI) with the same power sealed they did 136db and ported they did 143.5db. Maybe do a ported box for your competiton and do what you like for the daily use. I am a tight/sealed kind of guy but I am starting ported to see what they babies can do. If they get the shirts going by then you should get one. If its not Rockford or JL they won't have a clue. Have fun with it. Boy If I could go back to high school knowing what I know now Hum....

Edited by baggedbirds.com

right now Ive got one 10 and will be getting another. the amp I have now is the audiobaun A8000V. I will keep this amp if it is possible. Im rollin in a Volvo 850 Turbo wagon.

with the single i have now its running on and audiobaun A8000V mono 800 watts bridged at 2 ohms. the problem is if i drive them hard on a road trip for instance it cuts off after about an hour. Could this amp power to drivers? O, one more thing there a speaker competetion at my school later in the year. No one has heard of Fi and id like to blow them out of the water! I heard that 126 Db was the highest last year. I think that 2 SSD 10's will pass that right?

Ya the problem with it shutting off is be caused by the amp getting too hot and going into protect mode. Ive never owned one of these amps (due to this reason) but i have done multiple installs using them and every single one will shut off a 50 mins to an hour and a half if your running it full tilt. Personally i would go with another amp. if you like audiobahn amps i would go with a one of the high current or the high current rack mount models. i own the the A2x600HQ rack mount and i can run that thing for 2-3 hours straight at .5 ohms full tilt with no heat problems what so ever. If your running 1 sub right now off that amp wired to 2 ohms to get 800 watts then you would have to have the dual 1 ohm model. if get antoher and have 2 dual 1 ohm subs then you wouldnt be able to wire them together to get a 2 ohm load. You could either wire them to 1 ohm or 4 ohms and since that amp isnt stable at 1 ohm you would have to wire to 4 ohms. Then your only getting a total of 400rms.

Edited by thundercaraudio

If it makes you feel better UNIT 6639 I ran 4 10" subs sealed in my sq car and now as my temporary bass situation i am running 2 tens ported in my non-totalled audio neon.

ya im an idot I for some reason I had in my mind that 2 subs with the amp I have now would run the 2 drivers at 800 watts but it would be 400 to the both. So I guess an Autotek amp is in store if 2 subs is in the future.

So one the subject of the little competetion. What can I figure for dB readings with a ported box at 1.2 cubic feet.

And the amp a full 800 watts. also im driving a wagon so this will help get loud.

thanks guys

cant perdict output man...only thing i can tell you to do is go play on a meter :)

Sign in to follow this