Sign in to follow this  
muscman

2 cool or P chamfer???

So I went through the elaboration of the two and am still confused. I will be running a DD Z1 on 2 - 12" BTL's......

I will be using them for daily street beating, and competing on the weekends. I will not be changing anything around (besides port frequency)....

Options that I have chosen thus far:

3rd Magnet

HiXmCoil

So, do I want the cooling or P chamfer???

:thanx: in advance

i'd still do it for future upgrades....definitely if you use them for daily driving

I would probably do the full cooling as Nick suggested. You are at the border where you could probably get away without it, but for extended sessions the full cooling makes a big difference. Normally with the 2400W+ it is a given that you have to do it, but you are at 2100W. If you are tough on subs and push them, Id do it. If you push them only occassionally and listen at more "sane" levels most of the time, then the pole chamfer would probably be fine.

Thanks,

Scott

if you upgrade your charging system, the DD z1 has benchtested in excess of 5kw rms on 14.4 volts.

How do you like the z1, i really really want one.

I liked it so much, I replaced my SoundStream XXX-10000D with it!!!

Yes, I have extensive electrical upgrades.......

I am considering getting the ss 10000d or z1, can you tell me a little bit about the difference? I'm trying to put between 4-5k per btl, but I'm not sure which to get. You seem to have some hands on experience.

I can get 2 10000ds for $14-1500, or z1s for $19-2000 a pair. The RF 4000s I'm looking out are about 2200 a pair.

What was the difference between those two amps? I'm really looking for the best 'bang for the buck' so any info will help. Thanks in advance.

I am considering getting the ss 10000d or z1, can you tell me a little bit about the difference? I'm trying to put between 4-5k per btl, but I'm not sure which to get. You seem to have some hands on experience.

I can get 2 10000ds for $14-1500, or z1s for $19-2000 a pair. The RF 4000s I'm looking out are about 2200 a pair.

What was the difference between those two amps? I'm really looking for the best 'bang for the buck' so any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Quoted From DD's website:

The Z1 makes incredible amounts of power from stock electrical systems; it was designed to make the most power from limited current supplies. The high efficiency comes from paying close attention to every stage through the amp circuit. Multiple power supplies, high speed controller chipsets, efficient power devices and precise thermal management were key to the Z1 design.

These attributes make the Z1 at home in world record spl cars or high powered subwoofer systems where 400 pounds of battery bank aren

I am actually selling my SoundStream XXX-10000D......the reason I went with the DD Z1 instead is because it is more efficient....

I will be competing in a class where only 1 battery is allowed and the car will be off......well, when the SS draws up to 565amp per burp....that made up my mind, LOL

I am selling the SS for $800 plus shipping. I have only used it for testing purposes.

Sign in to follow this