Sign in to follow this  
Wkerat

Fi Q 12

I am thinking about running 3 Q 12's in a boat. I had already made boxes that are .95 cubes a piece when I ordered some Brahmas. Due to Adires current situation the brahmas will not be coming. Anyway, can anyone tell me how the Q works in a sealed box, and if possible how it compares to the brahma. I have not ordered an amp yet, but was hoping to give each sub about 800 watts. Is this enough or do I need to find a larger amp? Right now the only other line I am looking at is TC. I am between the TC-2000, TC-3000, or Q. I also thought about a SSD, but it seems the Q puts out more spl as well as better sq, which would be perfect as I am looking for a LSQ install.

Thanks for your help

there are two good reviews about these subs in the review section of the boards...

once can be found in my sig

the Fi Q review, an excellent review by Chris" can be found in the same forum...

Thanks I checked out both reviews.

Can someone tell me how a 12 Q would react in a .95 cube box with about 800 watts? Would I need polyfill? Is 800 watts enough?

The Q will do great in the .95, but I would add 1 lb of polyfill per sub. A clean 800 watts RMS will do great on the sub, it can take more, but will get loud, and sound great with the 800.

Sign in to follow this