Sign in to follow this  
toolfan91

My fucus install thread... MMMM fiberglass :D

Well, Im finally getting around to doing another install in my fucus... 4way active = yum :)

My front stage consists of:

• Pio Premier 880PRS
  • PPI DCX-730
  • Dayton RS225s
  • Vifa TG9s
  • Seas neo alum or XT19s
  • PG Xenon 100.4
  • PG Xenon 200.2

The sub stage is still somewhat undecided... Currently I have an MJ18 in a 6.5 cube ported enclosure tuned to 45hz, off a lil old RF 360a2... Tomorrow night, Ill be building a 4 cube ported enclosure and playing around with different tunings to see what I really like with this sub.

This is what you see behind the seats :)

DSC00232.jpg

The two options Im contemplating-

A) 2 MJ-18s, 9 cubes net ported, tuned somewhere between 32-35hz, PG Xenon 1200.1 w/ a Kinetik HC600 in the back to help a bit

B) 4 MJ-18s, 16 cubes net ported, tuned somewhere between 32-35hz, Orion 2500D w/ a kinetik HC2400

Considering my back seat wont be in anyway, im leaning heavily toward option B... I basically want to do hair tricks :D

On to some pics now :)

The 880PRS

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

PPI proc, its just chilling in my center console until I get around to doing a custom fiberglassed center dash piece

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Shot of Dayton RS225s, RS52s, and Seas neo aluminums. The Dayton domes were a bit too harsh for my liking, hence why I have the TG9s now

DSC00192.jpg

My MJ-18 compared to one of my RS225s

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

Now to the build up of my door pods-

door2.jpg

Test fit 1

DSC00205.jpg

Had to cut some of the door skin to make them fit better :)

DSC00204.jpg

Working on the framing...

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

Covering in fleece, getting ready for the glass

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

Just started glassing them tonight....

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

Also playing around with aiming the TG9s a bit... Ill be doing dash pods with the TG9s and one of the pairs of tweeters I have...

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

The two pairs of tweeters I am in the process of testing out

DSC00233.jpg

Is it bad that I forgot about my Dayton Titanic??? I have too many subs laying around I forget about them :(

DSC00234.jpg

As I stated before, nice gear mang! Those MJ's are gonna rip and I love the rest of your components. Thought you and I were both going to build bookshelves with the RS225's but I think you found a better use instead.

Good log. I am enjoying the glassin work too.........keep the inspiration coming!!!!

J

nice equipment and nice work mang !

Very nice work so far!!!

Please, if you dont mind, give a write up on your ported ventures with the MJ-18. I want to port it sometime soon, but I want to hear what others are doing ported with it, as I am sure many other people do too.

As I stated before, nice gear mang! Those MJ's are gonna rip and I love the rest of your components. Thought you and I were both going to build bookshelves with the RS225's but I think you found a better use instead.

Damn Sean, I didnt even know this was your sn over here! Pending on how much I like them in my car, I still might work something out for a bookshelf. Just no time until I finish up this install :( Once its done, then it will be time to venture into the world of DIY home audio, and I cant wait :D

Good log. I am enjoying the glassin work too.........keep the inspiration coming!!!!

J

Thanks man, I really love doing this stuff... Just wish I had more time, but between working 30 hours a week and taking 14 hours this semester, not much time left over.

nice equipment and nice work mang !

Very nice work so far!!!

Please, if you dont mind, give a write up on your ported ventures with the MJ-18. I want to port it sometime soon, but I want to hear what others are doing ported with it, as I am sure many other people do too.

Thanks Denim, I intend to once I get the other box built. Im still incredibly surprised at how accurate it is, even in a 6.5 cube enclosure. I just hope itll work well in 4 cubes net, because that is the only way I can fit 4 of them :D

Well, finished the actual fiberglassing of the door pods :) Now just need to get them mounted to test out the RS225s.

Unfortunately, I have a few mid-terms, 1 research paper, and 1 5pg essay to do this week :( My brothers wedding is next weekend, and ill be working 50 hours over spring break. I will find some time in between to get my 8s in!

Here they are, ready for dyna-glass/rage gold-

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

My HA stuff is on hold a bit too as I have to move first or the woman will kill me.

Looking great, I can't wait to hear how you think they sound :)

My woman actually keeps on bugging me about doing pink leds/neons and a system in her car. She has to wait until MINE is finished, lol. I need to order a dash mat already so I can get busy with testing more drivers in my dash. Going to order a pair of Exclusives in a week or so, and a guy over on DIYMA is going to send me his Utopia Be 3w2s to test out against the Exclusives and TG9s :D

Im only worried about one thing... Really liking the 3w2s... If I am lucky, I can find a pair second hand for $500 :(

Greetings. You look familiar ;)

i cant wait to see the door pods finished and installed. mounting depth is killing me on my doors, but i'd love to put some dayton 8" classics in there if i could. door panel is going to need seriously modified to do that though :unsure:

Wow, this is amazing...

Great work man, you are inspiring alot of new ideas for my jeep.

I appreciate the kind words everyone :)

What do you all think I should cover the door pods with? Im thinking a psuedo-suede, to match the silver psuedo-suede insert on the door panels. Also considering doing black vinyl, because a lot of my dash will be painted black. I could always just do grey vinyl to match, but thats kinda blah to me.

Whats everyone think?

I love the pseudo-suede idea, in my book the closer to stock the better with the caveat being as long as you make it look better. You are on the right track mang.

the fake suede would hide more little defect's i'd think. i used it on a box once and it was fairly easy to work with

I love the pseudo-suede idea, in my book the closer to stock the better with the caveat being as long as you make it look better. You are on the right track mang.

Yeah, ill probably end up with that. I was actually considering paint, but given this is a daily driver, the doors would get all sorts of scratched up :(

the fake suede would hide more little defect's i'd think. i used it on a box once and it was fairly easy to work with

By the time im done with dyna-glassing and using filler, itll look dandy :)

Well, a good buddy of mine hasn't quite finished his install yet... So he lent me his XLS 8"s to try out :D Hopefully ill have the door pods mounted up, for testing purposes, tomorrow :)

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

I'd love to have the problem of having both of those sets. Please let us hear what you think of them.

I'd love to have the problem of having both of those sets. Please let us hear what you think of them.

Oh I will! Im really looking forward to whats going down over the next couple of weeks... Ordering 4 more different pairs of midrange drivers to test out, and hopefully have a pair of Utopia 3w2 Be's donated to test out against them all.