Good evening everybody. I have a few items to install for an Audio System upgrade; but don't know how to go about it. The Items that will be involved are -1 Distribution Block -2 Amps. -1 Capacitor. -1 Equalizer/Crossover -6 Speakers in Total (2 tweeters, 2 Front Door 6.5's, and 2 6x9's) -1 Subwoofer

I'm trying to connect 2 amps; 1 for the Subwoofer and the Second for Speakers. My Aftermarket Head Unit has 3 pairs of RCA plug-ins.
1) Subwoofer 2) Front 3) Rear.

How Would I connect the 6 speakers (which I'm going to rewire) to the 1st amp? Do I wire the Speakers to the Amp or Straight to the Head unit itself? Also, how would I connect the amp to the Head unit if it only has the 3 RCA plug-ins as stated above?

Any advice or suggestions are Welcomed. Thanks in advance.

For better in depth answers what exact equipment do you have ?

But based off of what you said and assuming your equipment is compatable. If your tweeter has an in-line cross over I’d wire it in parallel with your 6.5 to channel 1/2, and 6x9 to 3/4.  

Rca front to 1/2 rear to 3/4 and sub to the other amp. 

No need for rear deck speakers as the subs will drown them out, sell the 6x9s and put towards something else.

If you have a 4 channel amp, then put tweeters on channels 1&2 and 6.5" mids on channels 3&4. Unless they are component speakers and you dont want or have the means to run active.

Need more info like stated above to give you specified help.

Edited by jcarter1885

What exact speakers, brand and model number? Same with subwoofer.

Any upgraded wiring (Big 3) or AGM battery under hood. 

What equipment is actually installed now and how?

What head unit do you have?

With you having a 2channel amplifier for your front stage, I hope you are running a component set with passive crossovers for your mids and highs.

Edited by jcarter1885

8 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

What exact speakers, brand and model number? Same with subwoofer.

Any upgraded wiring (Big 3) or AGM battery under hood. 

What equipment is actually installed now and how?

What head unit do you have?

With you having a 2channel amplifier for your front stage, I hope you are running a component set with passive crossovers for your mids and highs.

Thanks for commenting.. I have the Big 3 upgrade. As for equipment; it goes as followed:

Head Unit: Kenwood. KDC-BT555U

Equalizer/Crossover: Lanzar Vibe XE3

Distributor Block: Scosche.

Capacitor: Tsunami 2 Farad 20VDC 

As for Amps; i have a variety which Consist of...

Dual XPR52 (2 Channel Amp.)

Kicker DX-A250.1 (2 Channel Amp)

Mmats Pro Audio E600.4 (4 Channel High Power Mosfet Amp)

Boss CH2502 (2 Channel Mosfet Power Amp)

Speakers: 2 Boss Tweeters, 2 6.5's Orion HCCA with Red Housing Door Speakers, 2 6×9's Almani in the Rear Deck.

Subwoofer: MTX Thunder US-XT10-04

Thanks again for everyone taking part in my assembly!!

On 12/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, DeMan2319 said:

Good evening everybody. I have a few items to install for an Audio System upgrade; but don't know how to go about it. The Items that will be involved are -1 Distribution Block -2 Amps. -1 Capacitor. -1 Equalizer/Crossover -6 Speakers in Total (2 tweeters, 2 Front Door 6.5's, and 2 6x9's) -1 Subwoofer

I'm trying to connect 2 amps; 1 for the Subwoofer and the Second for Speakers. My Aftermarket Head Unit has 3 pairs of RCA plug-ins.
1) Subwoofer 2) Front 3) Rear.

How Would I connect the 6 speakers (which I'm going to rewire) to the 1st amp? Do I wire the Speakers to the Amp or Straight to the Head unit itself? Also, how would I connect the amp to the Head unit if it only has the 3 RCA plug-ins as stated above?

Any advice or suggestions are Welcomed. Thanks in advance.

1. Well if your running amps, you have to wire to the amp not radio.

2. I thought your intentions were to run the lanzar eq? You would have to run front outputs to eq input. Then send rca to your desired amp. Sub I would just send signal straight to amp.

There's lots of part numbers but honestly from amp selection I would run mmats 4 channel on speakers and kicker 2 channel on sub. Depending on speaker ohms you might be better running separate amp on 6x9s if you must have 6x9, altho like stated before, it is pretty much waste of time.. Is this your first system install?