Tirefryr

Who's got enclosed Evil mids?

Okay, for those running the Evil mids in an enclosure, how are you using them?

Well, that could work too, but I suppose my dumb ass could have provided more information.  These will be in-car, door mounted enclosures. 

I run them in my 4runner, but they are running free air with a baffle.

When you say enclosed do you mean sealed or ported? Aaron Houston Clinton said in a comment on Facebook that in a well sound deadened door they can be played down to 60 Hz. I plan on running mine in very small sealed kick panels for the fronts and either larger sealed enclosures or ported enclosures for the rear. I will stick to the manufacturer's recommendations for enclosure volume.

Edited by Tweeter

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Well, that could work too, but I suppose my dumb ass could have provided more information.  These will be in-car, door mounted enclosures. 

Deaden the shit out of your doors, install rear wave canceling material behind the drivers, make awesome baffles, mlv between the panel and door, throw some bad ass class a/b ssa power to them, and rock them bitches !!!

39 minutes ago, Tweeter said:

When you say enclosed do you mean sealed or ported? Aaron Houston Clinton said in a comment on Facebook that in a well sound deadened door they can be played down to 60 Hz. I plan on running mine in very small sealed kick panels for the fronts and either larger sealed enclosures or ported enclosures for the rear. I will stick to the manufacturer's recommendations for enclosure volume.

Good luck with kicks, I’ve never had any with them ... even when I vented through the body panel.

I currently have them in these ported enclosures Ryan. They are .8 cu tuned to 45hz. I also have a set of .5 and .3 cube sealed enclosures, but haven't tried the Evils in them yet. The Evil has a pretty healthy BL so should have no problem eq'ing the bottom back up in sealed I would think. I plan on putting them in the mustang kicks as soon as time permits.

I can test them in the sealed and give feedback if that's what you're after?

No photo description available.

I assume you are asking for the Ford? This is what I threw in last summer to get some jam's. Definitely not my best work, but figured I'd share for visual at least. No photo description available.No photo description available.

I plan on upgrading if i ever find time. But will say the door plays midbass better than expected without much done to it. I'm not running a sub and is enough for country driving. lol

The one thing I noted was I could probably skin the inside of the door with 1/4"-1/2" plywood and all but seal it up. That’s 1/2” in the pic and fits under the door panel. Double 1/2” on that bottom back corner as the sheet metal dips in.

Also would say the enclosure would have to be pretty small. just guessing I'd say .15-.2 cube. other note is the window arm in the door catches on the back most screws when almost all the way down, so would check what space that occupies with the window down also.

Yep, it's for my truck.   I slapped some 6.5s in my old 95 and that was enough for me that time, but I'm going the enclosure route this time simply because it allows me to do whatever I want.  I can easily dampen and secure the door and drop something in the factory location, but given how simple these door panels are, I can just as easily build a proper enclosure.    I think I'm going to start at Vas and tune around Fs.  We'll see what I get.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Yep, it's for my truck.   I slapped some 6.5s in my old 95 and that was enough for me that time, but I'm going the enclosure route this time simply because it allows me to do whatever I want.  I can easily dampen and secure the door and drop something in the factory location, but given how simple these door panels are, I can just as easily build a proper enclosure.    I think I'm going to start at Vas and tune around Fs.  We'll see what I get.

Keep me in the loop my friend. I definitely would love to see what you come up with. :)

On 3/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, Tweeter said:

What kind of crazy person uses their middle name?  ;)  But yes, playing that low in a well deadened door works great in my experience. :)