Sign in to follow this  
chuouwee

changing over from an idmax

hey all i was wondering... should i be expecting a major difference or any difference at all if i switch over from IDmax 12" v2? i want a good SQ sub but gets nice and loud BUT i want it in a sealed enclosure.. right now i have a Avionixx AXT 800.2 running to my IDMax in a 1.5 cu ft box..

thanx ahead btw i was wondering would two 12 mags fit in the back of my 2003 civic sedan thanx again

Edited by chuouwee

I'd say from a lot of people's experiences that the Mag will outperform the IDMax in the following ways:

Power Handling

SPL

That's about it. The Mag has been known to like a box just a TAD bit larger than the IDMax....but I'd say give her a shot! Other than that...SQ should be sweet in either sub...both looking like they'll accept either sealed or ported applications if you feel the need for a bit more output :)

BTW...What kind of power are we talking about?

I'm hoping its got a bit better SQ than the max's that I just sold. The max's at least in my particular car didn't have a very flat response at all, lows in a sealed enclosure were decent, but compared to most "supersubs" not great. Really had alot of midbass, and upper bass. But really I'm hoping to find something "better" for me than what ID had to offer. They were really good, but I think the IDQ's had better accuracy.

I'm also buying a 15" xxx soon as the motors are in so I will do a comparo between the RE sub, ID sub, and the Magnum.

Downside to IDmax's is no 15's available and personally I like the sound of 15's more than 12's for daily music. Not just for SPL, just their type of sound. you could tell the idmax's were 12's especially sealed, they sounded like smaller woofers, where I've had other 12's that sounded like 15's they had so much low end and punch.

The max's at least in my particular car didn't have a very flat response at all, lows in a sealed enclosure were decent, but compared to most "supersubs" not great.  Really had alot of midbass, and upper bass.

could have not said it better myself... don't get me wrong, I like my IDmax alot jusy didnt seem on par with the other supersubs when it came to dishing out the lows

well time for me to be saving up for a mag hehe try to sell my idmax so i could get 15 mag.. gonna run 800 watts to it... do you guys think it will hurt the mag?

Edited by chuouwee

Magnum's can handle 1200-1500 watts rms just fine. 800 won't hurt it.

What Nick said,the Mags can move some serious air.As for a box u can do 1-1.25 cf per driver(1/2- 1 lb. of polyfill) ,that size box should fit ur Civic,then hold on & let 'em wang away!