Sign in to follow this  
mlstrass

15" Q Box

Since the board was wiped out not many old posts to search through.

Joining the FI ranks and picking up a 15" Q for the GF's car. Trunk space is important to her so I'm looking at doing:

2.8 -3.0^3 @ 31Hz. Sub will be getting around 1000rms off a PG amp. She listens to most anything but country, so I'm looking for an all around good sounding/respectably loud set up.

The few posts I've found most guys are using around 3.5^3, so anyone have experience with this sub in the smallest recommended size of 2.8^3? TIA...Mike

I don't have any first hand experience with the q, but it'll probably just be a little peaky from experience w/others. That lower tune should help though.

Edited by tejcurrent

I don't have any first hand experience with the q, but it'll probably just be a little peaky from experience w/others. That lower tune should help though.

Should I tune even lower then? Not building the box until Saturday, so I'm open to suggestions for tuning...

Personally and judging by the sub specs I would keep the tuning around 30-35 hz no lower no higher...

Personally and judging by the sub specs I would keep the tuning around 30-35 hz no lower no higher...

Looks like 31-32Hz it is then. I'll be starting a build log probably over the weekend as I'm receiving the sub sometime next week. I'll be sure to do solid review, so we can get some info back up on the board.

Edited by mlstrass

Sign in to follow this