Sign in to follow this  
mlstrass

15" Q Build Log

Nice build so far. Keep up the good work.

My ex hated my systems. I had to listen to music on like volume 5 of 60 or she would freak out. Note the ex...

I hear you on the ex thing, that's why I made sure it was an UPGRADE when I traded her in for a new model. :woot:

Same here..........granted I haven't quite gotten the new model into it yet...........soon though soon.

J

Same here..........granted I haven't quite gotten the new model into it yet...........soon though soon.

J

Might I suggest a few drinks to "get her in the mood"......for loud music. LOL That's what I did the first time I wanted her to hear my HT set up. Was playing some 7 channel music and every glass of wine she had I'd turn it up a little louder. After 3-4 glasses I showed her what it could do. She about $hit herself, but now she's hooked....

More progress tonight. Box glued/screwed and sanded. Port and all edges rounded. Pic was right before I took it out to the garage to router/sand it.

1001377el3.jpg

Guess who showed up today, 2 days early. DHL friggin' rocks!!!! Now I gotta get my butt going, but you can't really speed up the polyurethane process as it HAS to dry...

1001378yg6.jpg

I decided to make the flushmount part bigger than required, so I'd get the open spots on top/bottom. Just wanted a "different" look. Also added a cove to the lip of the sub cutout. Looks pretty nice in person.

Inside is caulked up tight, not that it really needed it and I threw in a "T" brace since the baffle didn't need any.

1001379ay6.jpg

First coat of "Puritan Pine" stain is on. Will add one more coat to darken it up a fuzz. Poly will have to wait until tomorrow. Actually the GF has the day off, so I'm betting she'll be slapping it on as she's DYING to hear her new baby!!!

She's really into antique furniture, so the wood look is just what she wanted. And I HATE gray carpet....

1001380dj9.jpg

sexcellent. i'm digging the stained birch. if i ever did stained birch, i'd go with a darker stain for my taste

sexcellent. i'm digging the stained birch. if i ever did stained birch, i'd go with a darker stain for my taste

More like this? I didn't want her box to be the same color as mine... ;)

0000261fi2.jpg

It's WAY better to work with compared to MDF. Only "issue" is the boxes end up so light it's hard to hold them still when routing out the sub opening...

Im really diggin the box mlstrass, came out real nice even with the decals, lol. As long as the GF happy thats all that counts and shes into car audio too. Thats marriage material in my book. How does it sound?

Im really diggin the box mlstrass, came out real nice even with the decals, lol. As long as the GF happy thats all that counts and shes into car audio too. Thats marriage material in my book. How does it sound?

YES she is and in a few years I'll make an "honest" woman out of her. LOL

Finally got it all buttoned up. Had to remove the rear seats to get it in. Then her coax's were cutting out, turned out to be a loose RCA.

It hits plenty hard and has good SQ. Dragged the GF out to hear it and she was amazed. Told me she'd never play it that loud, but I'm betting she will. Guy from work stopped by and his jaw was on the ground the entire time.

Only problem so far is the package shelf is literally flapping up/down a 1/2" and I've already deadened it and added foam, etc... I'll probably have to screw it down.

Tomorrow night I receive "favors" for my efforts :OhYeah:

BRILLIANT!!!!!

And I am digging the stain..........I may work with Birch ply next......

J

BRILLIANT!!!!!

And I am digging the stain..........I may work with Birch ply next......

J

Thanks. Wonder which sticker you like :ughdunno::D

Sign in to follow this