Sign in to follow this  
nauc

got a tech ?

about how many dbs can you get going from 1 sub with say 500 watts to 2 subs with 1000 watts

thanks

Honestly there is no real way to answer that question. It depends on the setup, what subs, and so many variables there's no way to begin. It is said in the same setup you gain 3dbs by doubling power, and 3 dbs by doubling cone area. If you are also putting in a bigger box, tuned different, with 2 different subs, etc, etc, there's no telling.

I had 1 sub getting 2k watts, put in a 2nd sub and another 2kwatts, and gained between 1-3dbs depending on the frequency.

This just goes to show, there is no way to put a figure on it.

Will it help if I just say it should be louder? ;)

Honestly there is no real way to answer that question. It depends on the setup, what subs, and so many variables there's no way to begin. It is said in the same setup you gain 3dbs by doubling power, and 3 dbs by doubling cone area. If you are also putting in a bigger box, tuned different, with 2 different subs, etc, etc, there's no telling.

I had 1 sub getting 2k watts, put in a 2nd sub and another 2kwatts, and gained between 1-3dbs depending on the frequency.

This just goes to show, there is no way to put a figure on it.

Will it help if I just say it should be louder? ;)

Obviously Noticeably louder...

yah, im talking about using the same subs, both in the same size sealed box so say, 1 12" off 500 watts sealed in 1 cube and then stepping up to 2 12"s off 1000 watts and a 2 cu ft box (1 cube per sub)

i know every car/setup wont be the same but just wondering theoretically speaking...

Sign in to follow this