Sign in to follow this  
PsychoTheRapist

2 15" Bl's (worklog)

What have we here?

morepics059.jpg

Oh Dayumm!!!

morepics058.jpg

Something every man dreams of... TWINS!!! okay it's triplets.. but twins are good too.

morepics062.jpg

...more pr0nz

morepics063.jpg

I think I'm in love..

morepics064.jpg

Bl's are dual 1ohm flat wound/fully loaded 15's. When finally installed in my TrailBlazer, they will be powered @ 1 ohm off a Hifonics XX-Hercules. The TB has a stock 150 amp alt., an Optima Red Top under the hood and soon to have another in the back. I will be using eD Enetic 1/0 through out, including the big 3. The headunit is an Eclipse CD5000 w/ 8 volt preouts. The speakers in the doors are all stock bose, for now.. ;)

Now for the enclosure.. Me and a buddy starting building this beast last night about 10 p.m. and finished just after 2 a.m., not too shabby considering this is by far the most massive enclosure that each of us has ever built.

The enclosure is 8.64 cubes gross, just over 7 cubes net tuned @ 33hz. w/ a port area of 84 square inches. Dimensions are 45" in length, 19" in height and 22" in width... Enjoy.

pic of the ported side.

morepics055.jpg

braced with poplar

morepics054.jpg

internal shot of the port..

morepics056.jpg

Double baffle and 1/4 rounded edges FTW... Oh and thank you Steve Meade.. spare baskets really do come in handy!

morepics057.jpg

Any suggestion or comments would really be helpful, thanks... btw more pics to come.

Edited by PsychoTheRapist

Nice build. I have a few baskets laying around as well, they really do come in handy

Thanks CJW..

Here is another pic of some of the goodies going into the install..

morepics052.jpg

morepics053.jpg

If all goes well, I should have everything installed tomorrow. Me no have to worky FTW!!

Lookin good, throw up some more pics when you're done. I wish I could get some spare baskets somewhere, but alass, thats what I get for being in the country.

Looks very good. I would have added a brace or 2 top/bottom since I'm "assuming" only the baffle is doubled up.

Bravo, Bravo!!!!! Looks very nice and clean build. Should wang very nice. Where did u get ur wire from? and Are they better than Knuconceptz

Sorry guys, I've had to work sun up to sun down the past few days.. Everything is installed ftmfw! :woot: Dayum them bishes hit hard!!! :OhYeah: Hopefully some more photos and vids before the weekend is over and than a full review.. :fing34:

Sign in to follow this