Sign in to follow this  
Eddy722

2 BTL 15 or BL

I have 2 T20001bd's. Don't know whether to get 2 BTL 15's or BL with options. Which would be better? Overpowering BL's or powering BTL's just right... This will be mainly a bassrace/daily situation.

"cooling?"

x2

I would've said the btls, but with full cooling. I would say the btls just for the longevity of not really stressing them, and possibility to put more power on later (maybe 2 sets of strapped 2ks?)

Sounds like you're going to have a really nice system.

Tej i totally agree with you on the "possibility to put more power on later"

If you love car audio like i do Over kill is your friend lol

Yes :)

I bought my btls w/ only 2k each (probably a little less) but now that a few months have passed I have the $ to get the 4k I wanted to give them.

Overhead is nice, and sometimes overkill = just right :D

* Just remembered, I originally bought the 1st 2kw amp for an alpine type-x (1krms sub) so I'd have some extra.

Edited by tejcurrent

Well they will only be seeing 2000 watts each for their lifetime from me. So I figured cooling wasn't necessary.. or did I NEED it?

If It were me Id say get all the options. I was in the same boat ur in trying to figure out if I wanted the BLs or BTL 15s to go in my 87' Cutlass (subs up/ portback trunked daily setup tuned to 32Hz). Ive decided to do the fully loaded BTLs with 2-Orion HCCA D5000 amps and a Orion HP-2800 on my mids and highs. That Orion should give me right around 2800-3000rms per sub. But in ur case, I would have atleast gotten the whole cooling option because the chamfer would have been included anyway.

Id say get all options if $$ wasnt an issue...i got mine with evrything but cooling and it sounds nice :)

Sign in to follow this