Sign in to follow this  
strong*I*bumpin

I Gotta Wedgie

whay kind of car do you have? is that a claw basket I see?

what did you use to mount your amp on the back of the seat??

whay kind of car do you have? is that a claw basket I see?

what did you use to mount your amp on the back of the seat??

'02 Cam,its the "CLAW" & I just drove some screws thru the sheet metal

nice. how do you like your Hifonics amp? I am considering one for my mag.

D.I.Y. fo life. Liking the clean carpet job and the vented enclosure looks to do some damage.

I've always wondered if the Nemesis series was that different from the Zeus series...

Only had the Hifonics for a couple of months,so far I like them.Like how the badging on the Brutus lights up at nite(its not why I bought it).The ported box sound crazy but I really like the look and sound of the(sealed) wedge style box.As for the difference between the Zeus & Nemesis,I cant say b/c its the 1st time owning any Hifonics amps.Thanx again for the compliments

I was wondering if you could send me box plans of ur ported box if thats for a 12 cause i was going to build one just like it but i have no box building experience and don't understand fully how to make a ported box. Thanks

I was wondering if you could send me box plans of ur ported box if thats for a 12 cause i was going to build one just like it but i have no box building experience and don't understand fully how to make a ported box. Thanks

Check with Gnome(he has a forum here),he can sell u all the info needed to build a box at really reasonable price.Maybe I can sell u my box

SQ is alot tighter in a sealed box. SPL is much greater in a ported box.

Just curious can you tell me some details on why you like the sound better sealed?

Thanks,

Rob

To my ears(not getting any younger) this sub does everything u ask it to do ,in a small sealed enclosure and will take some decent power without breaking a sweat.If ur gonna compete or just want some serious SQ,sealed is the way to go with this sub.Now if u wanna do some SPL comps,port it and it will get louder & lower ,again with no problem.Remember the driver is rated @ 600w RMS,ppl like myself got alot more on it than 600.

No I was just curious cause my 15" is ported and the SQ is phenominal. I think the specs even show the 15" is geared a little more for a ported enclosure overall than teh 12" is. I've had subs that sounded just okay ported and great sealed, but this sub is right on, I mean RIGHT ON for accuracy and tonality in the ported enclosure I have it in. But I've never had it in a sealed enclosure, and was just curious what these particular subs sound like sealed.

And yeah i gotta lot more to it than 600w too :D

Check with Gnome(he has a forum here),he can sell u all the info needed to build a box at really reasonable price.Maybe I can sell u my box

how much would you sell that 2ft^3 box to me for? If your going to sell it.

Hello Strong I bumpin,

Nice boxes, I like your set up.

I was thinking about getting a BX1000D she looks small and tough in that shot.

All these pics of beautiful equipment make Larry antsy to install his equipment. :wacko:

Peace

Hello Strong I bumpin,

Nice boxes, I like your set up.

I was thinking about getting a BX1000D she looks small and tough in that shot.

All these pics of beautiful equipment make Larry antsy to install his equipment. :wacko:

Peace

Thanx!

I got some box plans for mine....the box i have was designed by Loyd Lowery (bigbassman).....it is 2.62 cuft tuned to 32 hz.....sounds awesome

Scott, SC