Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

Xmax questions 18" BTL BL Q SSD

Why does the FI Q have 27mm xmax and the BL only 21. Does this increase with options like the BTL? I'm sure the numbers are correct.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Trying to research which subs to use for my application. 418s in a single reflex bandpass. I heard lil johns 1612s ssd's and they were very smooth. I've been leaning towards the BL's myself but cannot for 1 second knock the SSD's. just a little confused on the Q's Xmax being the most in the lineup.

SuperChevyShow118.jpg

Thanks again - Joe Rod

Edited by 418FIs

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the difference in the Xmax is solely for linearity on the Q since it is an SQ oriented driver.

I feel now like I should get the SSD's if they have 21mm that should be more than plenty. The last subs I used in this box only had 12mm excusion. 4 Punch 18s 250RMS each single voice cool. Wouldn't the SSD's give me the best chance at making the same bandpass work? But built to the right TS parameters. I really liked the way they sounded 15 years ago.

Thanks, Joe ROd

Okay well thanks to this site and Shawn Fleming I am definately going with 418" Q's off a RF4000 or 2 RF3000's

Sign in to follow this