kickerlivinloud

IA Single Cab Truck Build--30+ pics

Ok this build is up on most of the forums but I figured I'd put it up over here as well. There are a lot of pictures so I'll try and only put the important ones in here...

Here are the first 2 peices...

BOXDP.jpg

Working around the stupid hump in the back wall.

BOXDP1.jpg

Here is a picture of the back, this is at a slight angle which is causing all sorts of hell with trying to line everything up.

BOXDP2.jpg

Another shot

BOXDP4.jpg

Once again, those are all test pieces. The only "good" pieces I have are in the first 2 pictures. Pretty much the bottom, back, and the small hump.

BOXDP7.jpg

Another close up of the internal driver side.

BOXDP9.jpg

Shot of the drivers side. All those pieces are finished.

BOXDP10.jpg

Internal of the drivers side...

BOXDP11.jpg

Shot of the drivers side in the truck

BOXDP12.jpg

Another shot of the drivers side in the truck

BOXDP13.jpg

What I have to work around. Passengers side

BOXDP14.jpg

First piece on..

BOXDP15.jpg

Over all shot of progress so far

BOXDP16.jpg

Passenger side is on

BOXDP17.jpg

Here is after several hours work with 2 friends. The other box you see is what I had the Atomic in...

BOXDP18.jpg

The recess will be for the amp. Its to deep right now but I'll fix that tomorrow. The amp will be flush with the front baffle when its done.

BOXDP19.jpg

Another shot of the amp rack.

BOXDP20.jpg

Wonder what those are for???

BOXDP21.jpg

Hmm what idiot puts packing peanuts in an enclosure???

BOXDP22.jpg

All filled up!

IADP23.jpg

Thats a lot of peanuts!!!!!!!

IADP24.jpg

Sub recess...

BOXDP23.jpg

Port shape and front baffle...

BOXDP24.jpg

Front baffle...

BOXDP25.jpg

Again front baffle.

BOXDP26.jpg

Sub in its soon to be home...

BOXDP27.jpg

Look at the butt on that thing ;)

BOXDP28.jpg

MMMMM Quad coils :eyebrow:

BOXDP29.jpg

Pic of the recess...

BOXDP30.jpg

Again pic of the recess....

BOXDP31.jpg

The box in the truck, very very tight fit!!

BOXDP32.jpg

As you can see, part of the box will be vissible, I think I'll paint that part of it black, just so it doesn't stick out.

BOXDP33.jpg

Another little "fix" I had to make so the box would fit. I'm waiting on the pieces to dry so I can put them on the box...

BOXDP34.jpg

What it will look like with the seat back and out of the way...

BOXDP35.jpg

From the passenger side...

BOXDP36.jpg

Pieces I'll use to box out the nob for the seat..

BOXDP37.jpg

The other nob piece...

BOXDP38.jpg

Looking through the passengers window...

BOXDP39.jpg

Fewwww that was a lot of pictures! lol. Let me know what you guys think. If you have any ideas suggestions or criticisms feel free to voice them! If your gonna say, "you should of glassed it" I know I know,lol. I wanted to try to do it all with MDF. Was more of a challenge. I also had to sheets of MDF sitting around which I didn't have to pay for.

Let me know what ya think..

Jon

Whats the air space for that box? How many "clicks" did you loose?

It was around 4.7 gross. Net brought it down to 3.6. idk exactly how many clicks. Next time I put the box in I'll count and see how many I lost....

Jon

Turned out really nice. I cant wait to hear your thoughts on it after the install. :fing34:

nice build...

and we've done a pair of 15s in a standard cab truck, you wuss!!! lol...just joking..

but for real, we've stuck a pair of memphis m3 15s behind the seat of a standard cab 2006 dodge ram, ported. of course there's quite a bit more room in one of those, lol.

again good work on yours! hope it sounds good bro.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Good work!!

nice build...

and we've done a pair of 15s in a standard cab truck, you wuss!!! lol...just joking..

but for real, we've stuck a pair of memphis m3 15s behind the seat of a standard cab 2006 dodge ram, ported. of course there's quite a bit more room in one of those, lol.

Crap!!! You have any pictures of this???? Also was it sealed or ported??? I know I could get close to 6ft^3 if I made it from wall to wall. Would of had to seal it though. I just can't wait to get the dust cap in for it so I can finally fire it up!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Jon

You've worked hard on this thing. Why not finish it off right? Spray painting it black will look cheap, IMO. Take the time to carpet it!

Looks great though. Good work!

nice build...

Crap!!! You have any pictures of this???? Also was it sealed or ported??? I know I could get close to 6ft^3 if I made it from wall to wall. Would of had to seal it though. I just can't wait to get the dust cap in for it so I can finally fire it up!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Jon

it's ported, lol..very loud. i'll see if i can't grab a pic or two when he picks up his boat today....

again, alot more room in a standard cab dodge then in your ford. so it wasn't quite as hard.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

How does that box sound? Im guessin the packing peanuts are just like polyfill. I'm really interested in this because i have plans for a BL 15 in my regular cab silverado.

How does that box sound? Im guessin the packing peanuts are just like polyfill. I'm really interested in this because i have plans for a BL 15 in my regular cab silverado.
I think he use the peanuts to find out the volume of the box. I dont think he left them in there. :coolugh:

Ive never heard of doing that before.
For odd shaped boxes, it's really the easiest way to find out how much air space there is. You fill the box up with peanuts, then pour them into a square box that you know what the cubes are (i.e. 1cube), and keep filling it till theres no more peanuts. Count how many boxes it filled, and that'll give you your space in the odd box. :fing34:

Just thought I'd share the results of this build. Failure...

I finished up the box sunday and put it in for some testing. I had major flex issues with the box (needed a lot of bracing and I didn't have the air space to have any). Also I was chocking the sub really bad! It was decently loud (15" + 2krms +single cab= still loud no matter what) but it was not the loudness I expected from the DP. I'm debating doing a glass enclosure. The more and more I think about it I think I might down grade a little bit. I'm debating switching over the a SQ/Low End style system. I prefer killer low end over pure SPL. I've been thinking about a pair of 10's or maybe just a single 10". Put it in a large box tuned around 27-28Hz, 50-60"^2 port area, maybe more. I'm also looking into some nice comps to help keep up with the lows. I might even try going active with them just for something new and fun.

So be on the lookout for a new build coming from my neck of the woods. It'll be fun no matter which was I decide to go, thats about all I can guarantee......:D

Jon

Did you consider using some threaded rod to brace it?

Not really. Bracing was just one of the problems I ran into. The more and more I think about it the more I don't want to try and fight the DP into the truck. I'm leaning more and more toward 10's. Drop the tuning to between 27-30Hz and see how they do. I'm waiting on a price quote for some SI BM 10's. If the price is right I will probably be running SI in the future...

Jon

I'm an SQ guy but even I think that tuning that low in the car is a bit excessive. The car is going to lower the effective tuning anyway. Don't know of many 10s that want to be tuned that low in a smallish box either.

Yea, that has been my problem from the start. Not having enough space. I can fit around 3-4 fairly easy without a complex design. Maybe I'll just try a single 10 if I can find one that stokes my interest, ie: Brahma, older XXX ( if they come in 10's I don't remember.) Trouble is stuff like that is hard to find. I know TC has some beefy looking 10's I might look into them. What would you suggest for single 10 that has a lot of low end??? I have an IA 20.1 for power so 450@4ohm, 900@2ohm, and 1800@1ohm for power.

Thanks..

Jon

The older XXX did come in a 10, but as you mentioned, good luck finding one. Same with the older Brahma. A BM might work out great, just don't plan to tune it in the sub 30 range.

The older XXX did come in a 10, but as you mentioned, good luck finding one. Same with the older Brahma. A BM might work out great, just don't plan to tune it in the sub 30 range.

Yea well you never know. I mean I found a DP which I thought would be impossible, never know how lucky I might get. Thanks for the advise!

Jon