oxsign

What route to go with mids & highs

I currently have a set of these (RE set) I never powered them so I dont really now what they sound like as of yet.......

http://www.reaudio.com/components.html

But, I was thinking about 4 of the MLI-65 mids.....

http://www.mach5audio.com/index-2.html

The amp I'll be using is an Orion 400.4. I'm looking for some really good midbass. It's all going into a 4dr blazer. What do you guys think would be a good route to go??? :puzzled:

http://www.zaphaudio.com

Read his reviews :)

I'd look into Seas, their CA18RNX seems to get good reviews. And a few people here use them (///M5, Adrian_D)

Or Adire Extremii if you can find them.

4 midbasses are going to be tough to get sounding right, from a phase point of view...unless you have them running as a psuedo-three way with one set crossed over lower than the other.

Unless you're just trying to get loud, in which case just buy whatever's cheap and throw them in.

4 midbasses are going to be tough to get sounding right, from a phase point of view...unless you have them running as a psuedo-three way with one set crossed over lower than the other.

Unless you're just trying to get loud, in which case just buy whatever's cheap and throw them in.

LOL, no I dont want to be like the "donks" that ride around here. I do want it to sound good & clear. I've had a problem in the past where I just couldn't the voice loud enough to hear over the highs & bass. So i'm just trying to get the best sound I can on a budget. :fing34:

I've had a problem in the past where I just couldn't the voice loud enough to hear over the highs & bass.

So...umm...turn the subbass down? :)

I've never understood the idea of trying to make the front stage loud enough to overcome the subbass, when the obvious solution is just to turn the bass down in the first place.

But see the obvious is not the answer.......being louder is!!!!!

J

Can you run 8's? If so, are you opposed to a 3 way?

I'm not opposed to running a 3way. I think that would be great, but I dont have the room for an 8". :ughdunno:

How can you have room for 4 7's and not 1 8?

8 inch diameter is okay though?

Try Robot Underground, they have some HCCA mids for cheap, sound fantastic, avail in 2ohm or 4ohm. www.robotunderground.com

Or Adire Extremii if you can find them.

Creative sound solutions has it. Also witht the classic shiva and tempest.

I'm trying to find something myself. Need 6.5 components to replace my cdts. Was considering infinity kappa perfects, but my old ones were just so bright, really want something that will sound clean and get loud. Yes, turning down the bass would be an option, but that defeats the purpose of getting beefy subs and sub amps. I'd like for everything to be loud. :)