Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

Eclipse 8053 or Alpine 9813

i can get both for about the same price. i know the 8053 can run an active 2-way + sub.

anyone know what sort of crossovers the alpine has ?

which one to get ? i honestly don't have a clue as to which to choose... :(

I'd get the 8053... one of the better eclipse units they've made in the last 5-10 years. Can't get enough of my 8454. Simple, Feature whore that does its job.

They both have what you need, the 8053 will not play mp3's if you have that desire though. The 8053 is rumored to have a slightly better sound as well, but that is subjective. Pretty similar units otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate to buy either. Especially right now if someone offered me one for sale as I am looking to. :)

I'd get rid of my 8053 if I could get a p9 or an d310/h701 ;)

seems like the 8053 doesn't have a detacheable face, which i would find useful.

seems like the 8053 doesn't have a detacheable face, which i would find useful.

it's got ESN though

im running a 9813 and the crossovers seem to be pretty good. i like everything about it other than the eq, i have yet to figure out how to run that damn thing :angry2:

how high can you low-pass the mids ?

any other issues with it except the eq jearhart ?

Has about the same eq as the 8053 in that it is a 5 band parametric. The Eclipse has more bands but I don't know how the separation is, 5 for "front" and 5 for "rear".

how high can you low-pass the mids ?

any other issues with it except the eq jearhart ?

i will check on the highpass, but i think it will go up to at least 5khz. and the eq i havent played with much because i have a PPI DCX-730 that has 7 bands fully parametric eq per channel, so i really dont need any more. im sure i could figure it out if i needed to.

I own the 8053 for a reason.

i decided to take the 9813. the detacheable face weighed a lot in this. if i don't like it, i'm sure there will still be eclipse's available. i don't want to look ignorant, but at this time, it seemed like the better option out of the two.

I own the 9813 and love it. It has 4v pre-out (unlike the 2v they have now) A 5 band variable parametric eq. (you can also change the bandwith to pinpoint certain freq),X-over's for front, rear, subs, and time alignment. I even use the MX (Media Expander for some of my XM and mp3 files that I listen to. You have to be a bit careful with this setting as it can boost the mid to sub bass too much if your not careful. Lots of great features. I think you will get lots of play out of this one. :fing34:

I will be using an 8053 when I get around to doing the install in the eX. I like the balanced option, and my amps, will take a balanced input. Rolling 3 way in the front, se15 in the back. Should sound good.

Balanced is nice, but if you don't have noise with unbalanced it doesn't really buy you anything.