Sign in to follow this  
Grim

New Voice Coil

Bl 18, how much am I looking at for new Voice Coils in Dual 1ohm?

And How hard are they to swap out. I want to be able to swap them for comps

Bl 18, how much am I looking at for new Voice Coils in Dual 1ohm?

And How hard are they to swap out. I want to be able to swap them for comps

Changing the impedance of the coils involves physically reconing the subs. So everytime you would want to change the coil config you would have to recond the sub. If I remember how the system works you can't just pick and swap to different coil configs unless you have the universal option... I could be wrong on that one though.

I do have the universal option, i got it for this reason...

It's going to cost you 105 bucks to recone the sub every time you want to change the coil...

hmm plus the cost of the coils or is that included?..guess this isnt a good idea then...

Maybe ill just throw more power to it, see how much I can abuse it before it blows, and then recone and change the VCs

hmm plus the cost of the coils or is that included?..guess this isnt a good idea then...

Maybe ill just throw more power to it, see how much I can abuse it before it blows, and then recone and change the VCs

The VC is part of the recone, its a package deal.

Yup, the entire moving assembly would have to be replace (cone/surround, spiders, coil, tinsels) EVERY time.

So, not an economical choice ;).

nG

Its been a thought...

Well actually One Fully Loaded BTL with alot more wattage...

So i can stay in Street C

Hmmm... Street C (or A and B for that matter) normally do not get along with BTLs. They tend to have too much motor strength to peak hard enough in the lower power/ lower pressure Street systems. Super Street and Extreme are completely different applications though.

Id figure that your BL should take high powe Street burps just fine, and probably peak a decent amount more than the BTL would. Remember that a burp is unitl the meter registers (3 or less seconds) and not 30 ;) No high power sweeps, and let it cool in between runs. This will greatly help in keeping the coils together for many many happy burps.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this