Sign in to follow this  
dmz2711

my fully loaded BTL's

I am absoluetly delighted to run these BTL's. FI has some of the best customer support in the industry, and I will represent them to the fullest. Scott, Shawn, and Nick answered all my questions, and I thank you guys so much. Now to my box build pics..

Before FI...

speakerscolor.jpg

The Box Build... I had to fiberglass the wheel well to get as much space as possible, my car is kinda small....

CIMG2314.jpg

CIMG2315.jpg

CIMG2310.jpg

CIMG2317.jpg

CIMG2323.jpg

CIMG2325.jpg

CIMG2326.jpg

CIMG2351.jpg

CIMG2354.jpg

CIMG2355.jpg

CIMG2360.jpg

CIMG2131.jpg

CIMG2381.jpg

After FI....

CIMG2681.jpg

I am still not done with this project. I plan on making some nice trim panels to cover the wiring. I just wanted to get some pics up. All I have to say is WOW, these things can really take some power, and kick it right back in your face! I recently got a ticket for "stereo over 25ft." I asked the cop how he knew it was me, he said "i could not really hear you, but i felt you." I just thought that was hilarious. :woot:

Thanks FI!!! :thanx:

Edited by dmz2711

stereo over 25 ft... I wonder if you can contest it because most subwoofer output is mono...?

awesome box skills.

thanks fellas, i appreciate the comments.

damn dude...that is really stuffed in there. Nice!

it is super stuffed in there! :woot: like i said, it was a tight squeeze trying to get enough airspace for those 15's...

Awesome work! :fing34:

How much airspace do you figure you added fiberglassing the wheel well?

thanks man! i don't remember the exact figure, but i think it was about 1.5ft^3 added. I measured the airspace using packing peanuts.

how did you do that??? with the packing peanuts???

Edited by shooter69

fill up the area you want to measure with peanuts, then take them out and put them in a shipping box. You can get boxes and peanuts at Office Depot or the UPS store.

fill up the area you want to measure with peanuts, then take them out and put them in a shipping box. You can get boxes and peanuts at Office Depot or the UPS store.

^^^ exactly. Try to get a box that is as close to 1 cubic foot as you can.

What kind of finish is that on the box?

it is a truck bedliner finish. it was suppose to be textruized, but it actually came out pretty smooth.

Edited by dmz2711

Sign in to follow this