Sign in to follow this  
CavalierAudio

15 Fi BTL in a Cavalier?

i now have two JL 13w1s in a custom slot ported box running off a JL 250/1 Amp in the back seat of my cavalier this is just way to big for my car. I was wonder if i put a 15 BTL in a 4 cube box tuned to 34 in my tunk with a Hifonics 2000watt amp and a new yellow top would there be any diffrence in loudness. I love being herd from far away and i love shaking peoples cars when im around! lol tipcal teenager. My JLs do a decent job but i need MORE! will there be any diffrence?

As far as being a difference in loudness, then yes their will be a big difference. Im not a expert, but it seems to me just the jump in power alone (not to mention the BTLs are loud anyway) and you will be able to tell a big difference :doit:

Im sure some of the other forum members would be able to answer your question better than me though....

:thanx:

As far as being a difference in loudness, then yes their will be a big difference. Im not a expert, but it seems to me just the jump in power alone (not to mention the BTLs are loud anyway) and you will be able to tell a big difference :doit:

Im sure some of the other forum members would be able to answer your question better than me though....

doubling your power is a theoretical 3db increase. 250-500-1000-2000=9db increase. you will have less cone area (-3db), theoretically making it a 6db increase, but I suspect you'll see more than that because of the loudness of the BTL ;)

I'd do the 15" BTL, I think you'll see a very audible and considerable change.

the local audio shop that is building my box for the btl laughed at me and told me i was fuking stuip when i told em what i was doing they said that 1 10 would make a cavalier beat like hell 1 15 with 4000 watts was gonna first fry my alternator then crack my window lol i think there just haters lol

dont let them feed you BS...

keep getting advice here, not from the shops in your town...

if they have to be the ones to install and build your box and all, then oh well. but dont let them tell you to get one of their crappy 10"s...

the BTL will murder your cavalier...

dont let them feed you BS...

keep getting advice here, not from the shops in your town...

if they have to be the ones to install and build your box and all, then oh well. but dont let them tell you to get one of their crappy 10"s...

the BTL will murder your cavalier...

X2, all my local shops think the same thing that their mainstream products are the chit but Im hoping to grab a lil attention with my FI setup ;)

Personally i wouldn't put one in the trunk, unless it was a fold down seat that i could fire the sub forward...

No they wasnt trying to sell me anything they was just telling me people put 10s in cavaliers and it sounds like 15s and that 15s are just gonna be stuip loud! lol i also found out that the FI will not fit in my trunk so im gonna have to put it in my back seat....(2 seater cavalier :( ) now you said firing forward? but for some reason my W1s sound better in the back seat firing towards the trunk?? id love to show the subwoofer but will it sound better forward or towards the trunk?

it the seat is down or there is an open airway to the cab any subwoofer should sound better/louder firing forwards IF the box is completely sealed of at the baffle so no air or soundwaves can travel into the trunk

Sign in to follow this