Sign in to follow this  
ener.g

BTLs power

alright well i have been readin here for a while but this is my first post..

I'm looking at buying to BTLs.. not sure if they will be 12's of 18's, either way I'm going to need something to power them

I would like to get about 4000 watts RMS to them @ 1ohm but not sure what amps are reccomended any suggestions??

i would like to keep the price under 550$ for the amp(s) doesn't matter how many will be needed, and i dont mind buying used

thanks in advance

So do you want 4k to both or each, Even then its still virtually impossible to get that kind of power for that price. You could do 2 Hifonics BXI 2006's but i dont reccomend it at all, youll be better off saving some moeny and gettin like a RF T4000 or Memphis 4k or something like that. But you might want to double your amp fund for something decent.

Wes

whats ca.com??

i was lookin at a used mojo 4kw for 700... is that a decent price?

Per sub or for the pair? Maor difference between the two and the needed options for the subs.

Thanks,

Scott

Per sub or for the pair? Maor difference between the two and the needed options for the subs.

Thanks,

Scott

4000 rms for the pair, so 2000rms to each

like I said I'm still not sure if I want 12's or 18's.. but I do know I want 2 of what ever I get, and I want them to be dual 1ohms so I can get a 1ohm load on the amp..

what does MAOR mean??

maor= Major w/out the j ;)

Are you looking for used/new? I'd check termpro.com for a used memphis 4k, or 2 bxi2006ds off ebay. Still going to be closer to 700 even on a used memphis or RF 4ks. Maybe a SoundStream 6500 or 10000 used. New, the hifonics will be the only decent thing I can think of that will come close. I'd really look to increase your budget closer to $900 -especially if looking for new stuff, if not one of the amps above can be had for around 6-700 used if you look hard. I had 2 bxi2006ds on my 2 btls, and they got very loud. The little extra power you could get from 2 kicker 2500s or some sundown 1500s or larger amps is worth the price tag imo.

for 900 he could do 2 saz-1500d's. :fing34:

Edited by audio-neon

yea 900 is a little steep.. but like i said, i don't mind buying used at all just wondering what to lookfor, i know that hifonics is pretty cheapp but i do not want to use them because i hear that their output is dirty

I've seen a few Orions go for close to $400. I know you said its a bit steep, but its going to be difficult to get that much power for so cheap.

yea im probably looking at spending 700$.. its more than i wanted to spend but it seems neccesary, and its about all i will be able to spend

yea im probably looking at spending 700$.. its more than i wanted to spend but it seems neccesary, and its about all i will be able to spend

I will probably get a lot of flack because of this but i was able to pick up a MRP M2000 for $300 brand new. http://www.caraudioxperts.com/p14342/Alpine-MRP-M2000-V-Power-Amps/product_info.html

you could get two of these and still be under $700.

Let us know what you decide on.

matt

3 year old thread dude :suicide-santa:

I will probably get a lot of flack because of this but i was able to pick up a MRP M2000 for $300 brand new. http://www.caraudioxperts.com/p14342/Alpine-MRP-M2000-V-Power-Amps/product_info.html

you could get two of these and still be under $700.

Let us know what you decide on.

matt

You're going to burn stuff up with that amp fyi.

Those amps have issues..