Sign in to follow this  
tweekerz

L7 options...

Hey guys, new to the forum. I never heard kicker until my cous got his 2 12' L5s in a 4 cubed dual vented enclosure (not sure what its tuned at). The subs are on one side and the vents on the other. He runs 500 watts and is loud. His system destroys my dual 12' Type Rs in a 3 cubed enclosure with a 5x5x11 square port tuned to 38hz. His system is the loudest I ever heard and is my standard for loudness I guess.... LOL I basically need louder and have the funds to do it just trying to figure out what I want. I have 4 cubes internal space maybe 4.5 if i'm lucky in my hatch. Would 4 cubes be to small for a pair of 12' L7s? How about a single 12 or 15 in 4 cubed box be louder than his?

Edited by tweekerz

L7's aren't picky on their airspace, they actually sounds alright in small boxes. So you'll be ok.

i am running 2 12'' kicker L7's and i am doing a 149.6 so far on the new term lab and i dont have them in a very big box. im using a standard CRX box w/ a little tweeking done to it and still more to come now that i have a meter to do my testing. i dont have to test it at shows ne more :boink:

L7's aren't picky on their airspace, they actually sounds alright in small boxes. So you'll be ok.

2 12" L7s will sound ok in a 2 cubed vented per sub? Am I sacrificing sound by doing this? If so, I might go with a 4cubed vented for a single 15...

2.0 is ok, more room would be betetr, as well as power....sounds like with these, you'll want more to each sub.