kickerlivinloud

Atomic AP/SPL 12"

Atomic3.jpg

Right off from Atomic's page. No T/S :/

* APSPL 12, Available in DVC 0.7, 1.0, 1.4 and 2.0 ohms

* Rigid Die cast aluminum basket

* Organic long fiber non-pressed cone body for accurate tight bass

* Curvilinear Kevlar reinforced cone body

* Extended neck joints on cone, coil and spider strengthen the integrity of moving structure for high power capacity

* Butyl rubber surround heavy duty and forever lasting.

* Compressed mounting ring gasket

* Vented coil for extra heat dissipation

* 2-1/2 inch high temp aluminum voice coil

* Extended, machined cut one piece back plate

* Powerful 1 inch thick 90 oz high energy magnet

Summary: This is a very powerful little driver. Its rated at 1k conservatively but can and will handle 2k daily. I ran mine off from an Incriminator Audio 20.1 @ .7 The sub performed excellently!! When I first received the sub the first thing that came to my mind was, wow this is one beefy sub!!! It has tensil leads which personally I love. Most people will look at this sub see the 2.5" coil and assume it can't take a lot of power. People also look at its spec's, 18mm Xmax and a FS of 38 and assume its purely a SPL oriented sub. This is not true! Not by a long shot! This is a very musical sub and had no trouble pounding out the lows! To sum this up, this is one kick butt sub woofer. It has the potential to get hella loud and still maintain an exceptable amount of SQ.

Strength:Were to start, This is one beefy sub. It can handle 2k Daily and has mad potential to get loud. It had no trouble pounding out the lows and was decently accurate! I ran some double bass drum songs through it and was very impressed. It wasn't at the level of my 8W7 but it was not sloppy by any means!

Weaknesses:Not many weaknesses to this sub. One that I did notice that it is very particular about what size box it likes. My first box was around 3.5-3.7 cubes and it did not perform well. It had trouble with the lows and was not as loud as expected. These subs need between 2.3-3 cubes to shine. I would not suggest going smaller or larger then that.

I am by no means an expert or sub guru. This is my personal take on this sub. I'm sure there are other people out there who would disagree with some of the things I've said. This is just my take on the sub.

Jon