Ive read on some forums that peel and seal will work for sound deadening just like dynomat. I was walking through home depot yesterday and saw the roofing tar, would this work like the roadkill liquid stuff? Its alot cheaper.

if you can get it to stick..the answer is yes. it will stink for a bit though.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I wouldn't use it.

RAAMmat is cheaper than Dynamat and won't come apart, or stick to your windows...

I wouldn't use it.

i wouldn't either, but it would work. be messy as hell though, lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Six words to live by:

You get what you pay for. ;)

RAAMmat is cheaper than Dynamat and won't come apart, or stick to your windows...

ioehrgoi;enrgi;ne pucking eDead

Second skin

J

Don't think I would use roofing tar. Can't even begin to fathom the mess that would be in a 120+ degree car in the summertime :)

Don't think I would use roofing tar. Can't even begin to fathom the mess that would be in a 120+ degree car in the summertime :)

Yeah. Can you say oily puddle?

Yeah. Can you say super sticky oily puddle?

I fixed your reply

Yeah. Can you say super sticky oily puddle?

I fixed your reply

lol, you know, i never gave a thought to it running off in the heat. never even gave it a thought, my bad.

i wouldn't use it either.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If you lived where it got hot, you'd have thought of nothing else. My Brown Bread deadener has partially liqufied in some areas leaving puddles of goo under my carpet.

i live where it gets humid and hot, not as bad as some places, but bad enough. to be honest, i just answered the question, never thought it through one bit. figured the tar would stick like any liquid dampener and add mass, again, like any liquid dampener.

i'm just glad you smart folks come along and actually think things through..lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Its asphaut based

Is roofing tar the same thing as asphalt?

Flip that around and it's closer . Asphalt has tar ( among other things ) in it . Asphalt has a few other chemicals in it to stabilize it and of course has the aggregate in it as well :)

asphalt gets soft in the summer.

the roads and sidewalks here are covered with asphalt. you should see the way roads look after a hot summer, under heavy traffic :(

Will they both melt in hot summer (100*+) temps?

Ask that question of someone with a motorcycle...oh, wait, that's me...

Yes asphalt effectively melts when it gets hot. Many a motorcycle has ended up on its side because the owner forgot about that and placed their kickstand on it in the summer. They come back to find their bike laying down and a hole in the pavement where their kickstand was.

Like I said, my asphalt based deadener has partially melted in several places in my car. It hasn't come off or anything like that but it has left some really nasty, gooey, sticky puddles of tar.

Will they both melt in hot summer (100*+) temps?

Quicker than a fat women at weight watchers :)