Sign in to follow this  
audiobuckspl

amp selection

since your comparin amps by price to performance ratio, why don't you just get 4 opti4000ds?

They can be had for $900 per amp, 4000w @1ohm. You get a lot more power than what u lookin for for only $100 more. OF course if u dont want it, just turn it down.

thanks for the info, but i really dont need that kinda power. the voltage is another thing im looking at plus eff., and warrenty etc..... but thanks for the suggestion anyways.

i talked to denim and he said he would let me know when they came in. i have to send him an e mail first. im really concidering going with 2 of these amps, plus next week sometime im going to call about an alternator. and in about 3 or 4 more weeks ill start distributing the money for everything till i get it all in place, piece by piece. still have to find someone nearby who knows what they are doing to do the whole install for me. i will hit my mark of mid 150ish you can bank on it, i know the 4 15 will do it, but if the power isnt there ill just do whatever needs to be done!!

Yupp go with two for now... who knows based on the amps output and efficiency that may be all you need.... If not you can always add on later.... better then buying too much then not needing it...

Yupp told ya denim will take care of ya

your right he sure did, now just to wait till they come in!! that will give me time to check on everything else and start planning i have to locate a campershell also, i want one with no windows, to make it harder to get to if you know what i mean?!!! do you know about how much one of those would cost? well if off to bed later to all!!!

Another set of amps to look for would be a pair of Digital Designs Z1's. or the Z1a's when they come out. The pair of z1's would put you at ~10400 watts.

Another set of amps to look for would be a pair of Digital Designs Z1's. or the Z1a's when they come out. The pair of z1's would put you at ~10400 watts.

yea i had thought about them before when i was thinking about 2 9515g's, and a z-1 on each. but the subs are reall 2 expensive. i figure 4 btls loaded would be more cone area. still may concider the 2 z-1's. by the way how much are the z1's, about $900 each right?thanks for the reply

If the Z1's don't explode on you first...

If the Z1's don't explode on you first...

hey jim what do you mean by explode on me, is there something i need to know about them if so please let me know!

Sign in to follow this