1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• Q 12 ported w/ US AMPS MD.1D
    • Q 12 ported w/ SAE-1000D
    • Q 15 sealed w/ US AMPS MD.1D
    • Q 15 sealed w/ SAE-1000D
    • 2 SSD 12s sealed w/ SAZ-1500D
    • BL 12 ported w/ SAZ-1500D
    • Other (please post)

I am having the hardest time deciding on a sub/amp combo for my new car. I am putting this in a trunk so space is a factor. I'd like to retain some space.

The poll lists some of my top choices. I'm also considering porting a Q 15 with one of the amps listed or even porting the SSDs if I decide I can live without a little less trunk space. So my question to you would be if you were looking for LSQ, which of these setups would you choose? If you would do something else, please tell me what that would be. Just FYI, the electrical you would be working with is a stock electrical featuring a 130 amp alternator.

add copper coils on the SSD's 12's and you'll love it

I voted 2 SSD 12's sealed (i am a little biased though he he)

Edited by theabunai

I actually just went with a 12" Q ported and I'm running an MD2 to it. Only sending it around 1200 watts. Still gotta give it some time to loosen up, but it's pretty punchy and output is more than I expected. The 12 would be great off either of those amps.

My vote would be for the two SSD's, sealed.

Enough output to overpower the front stage at times if wanted, while retaining musicality at lower volumes.

I have been leaning towards the 2 SSD 12s recently because I am a big fan of 2 sub setups. Now I just have see if I can get my hands on a SAZ-1500D for a good price.

YGPM, and I voted.

Denim,..........know about sundown,hummm idk lol!!!

OK, so I am pretty sure I have decided to go the (2) 12" SSDs with copper coils powered by the SAZ-1500D. Thanks for the help so far.

Now I am toying with the idea of building a ported enclosure for them instead of a sealed (because I can be a basshead, especially during the summertime). However, I'm concerned about space issues. If I was to seal them, I'd stick them each in about 1.0 to 1.1 cubes a piece - people seem to be happy with that setup. But I haven't read about too many ported enclosures for these guys. I understand there are recommendations on Fi's page about recommended sizes for a ported box, but I am just curious what people are running and how they are working for them. I think I read that with the copper coils the enclosure doesn't have to be as large, but I don't know what that translates to. I'd like to keep the tuning around 32 Hz (I think - I have 0 experience with ported enclosures).

Thanks guys.

Sign in to follow this