Sign in to follow this  
Koridan

Are there any car audio magazines?

Umm, Just like the title, Are there any magazines made that are dedicated to car audio? Thanks

~MadroX

I used to write for Momentum, but that died off. :( I would love to keep writing, I enjoy it.

I wish I could start.....

J

Momentum was the only one worth a chit.

The glossy ones are just for looks.

I have asked in the past, but...

would it be worth getting a few of our experienced members to do a quarterly magazine from here?

I wonder if they are experienced???

jimi_hendrix260.jpg

Someone over here would be up for it.

CA&E is good for about 5 pages worth on a good edition. I just started getting Voice Coil, which has been an improvement so far.

Car Stereo Review (became Mobile Entertainment) was the best of the consumer mags while it was published. Soon after the name change it went down the crapper.

Car Audio and Electronics was decent back in the day, but now all it has become is a showcase for the Sony, Audiobahn and Alpine demo vehicles (all of which are retarded in a bad way). Nothing but gaudy show vehicles in it. No, thanks. Some of the How-To articles are decent but you need a magnifying glass to see the pics. The only about circle cutting with a router in this month's issue was dumb. Multi pass cuts with a spiral DOWN cut bit? How dumb is the author?

Performance Auto and Sound from our neighbors to the north is decent. They cover mostly tuner car stuff. All the featured vehicles are sponsored show cars. They do have pretty good (though not timely in any sense) event coverage. They get into the performance aspect of things quite a bit. Not much depth to the articles. Lots of good pics. They will typically have one or two of the same vehicles as CA&E in given month. They are running a full build log in the audio how to section of a really trick and elegantly done EVO that's been going on for 6 months.

Auto Sound and Security was a rag from day one. Bunch of bimbos draped over show cars.

Mobile Sound was the industry mag back in the day. It was great but as a consumer you couldn't get it unless you had connections. Sadly I didn't.

I could manage an article or two on a regular basis. I'll probably need an editor though. I tend to write in a very thorough manner and it can be difficult to read sometimes.

I'd be up for it.