Mongrel714

RL-p15 and QSC RMX1450

Hey guys, hope you can help with some info, I'm building a sub for my home theater, using the RL-p15 and a QSC RMX1450, the amp is rated at 1400 watts at 2 ohms bridged. What would be my best option for hook-up to the amp, Dual 2 or 4ohm? Dual 2 ohm- one coil each side, or dual 4ohm to 2ohm bridged?

Also this will be a ported enclosure, I can't do the 10 cu ft as stated as optimal, whats a good compromise betwen optimal and minimum sq ft for this set-up? thanks in advance!

If you are running a single driver, I'd get the dual 4's to run your amp at its optimal.

The real question on the size of the box is how large can you make it? Since you can't do 10 do you have 9 or what exactly?

If you are running a single driver, I'd get the dual 4's to run your amp at its optimal.

The real question on the size of the box is how large can you make it? Since you can't do 10 do you have 9 or what exactly?

Cool, thanks for the advice, I would say between 5-7 sq ft, I'm currently trying to re-arrange the living room that will work for the system and still make the wife happy, would like to get away with a 24"W by 18"D footprint on the sub, Also, which is more quiet, ports or slots? BTW awesome pic!! thanks again.

Also, which is more quiet, ports or slots?

Ideally, there shouldn't be a difference.

...and a QSC RMX1450, the amp is rated at 1400 watts at 2 ohms bridged. What would be my best option for hook-up to the amp, Dual 2 or 4ohm? Dual 2 ohm- one coil each side, or dual 4ohm to 2ohm bridged?

I checked out the QSC site since it's rare to find PA amps that are stable into 2 ohm bridged, and to me, it looks like the amp is rated at 1400 watts into 4 ohm bridged. http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/rmx/rmx.htm

I'd get the dual 2 ohm and run the two VCs in series to net a 4 ohm load, which the amplifier will handle.

Edit: Spelling and Grammer

Edited by DIYiT

...and a QSC RMX1450, the amp is rated at 1400 watts at 2 ohms bridged. What would be my best option for hook-up to the amp, Dual 2 or 4ohm? Dual 2 ohm- one coil each side, or dual 4ohm to 2ohm bridged?

I checked out the QSC site since it's rare to find PA amps that are stable into 2 ohm bridged, and to me, it looks like the amp is rated at 1400 watts into 4 ohm bridged. http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/rmx/rmx.htm

I'd get the dual 2 ohm and run the two VCs in series to net a 4 ohm load, which the amplifier will handle.

Edit: Spelling and Grammer

4 ohms, even better!, I was straining to see the chart on the side of the box, Thanks for the input guys, I now have the ok to re-arrange the living room, lol, so I can do a bigger sub enclosure, also going to make a "Black out curtain" to cut the light coming off our screen room, (attached to the living room) I love my Wife!!

I just finished 2 10^3 @19Hz enclosures a few weeks ago. Only feeding each sub 400watts and these things have amazing impact and detail and sound very good for music.

If you're a super low freq junky then do the 14.5Hz tune that SS recommends. I personally don't need my house shaking that badly and also like the dB boost for music with the higher tune.