Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

Burping Power

What can a SSD take on a burp which is normally 3 secs at most...

I am looking to run a pair of Saz-1500d's strapped on my ssds and would like to know how many watts can they take on a burp....

I was thinking probably 1600 watts per sub but would like to know before hand..

When you break them that was too much :).

Honestly man it's 100% install dependent...there is no say that it can take a certain amount of power for a burp.

some might frown on this but this is the way ive always done it,,,if the power is clean and you know your freq.and you arent burp happy 3-4 times your RMS,unless i have money to spend or extra gear laying around ill toss an obscene amount of power to it

some might frown on this but this is the way ive always done it,,,if the power is clean and you know your freq.and you arent burp happy 3-4 times your RMS,unless i have money to spend or extra gear laying around ill toss an obscene amount of power to it

thats what im thinking and the power will be clean of course I wouldn't even think about burping it with that kind of power unless I was sure I had the electrical to do it...

but I was thinking 2 times the rated power and the sub would be fine....

I need to get my spl scores up....

:takepix:

Simply adding more power to the same driver is about one of the worst ways to get your score up.

Simply adding more power to the same driver is about one of the worst ways to get your score up.

Of course that is the last option and me and a friend have been toying around with burping MY subs with 2wice its power rating to see what I can do on the meter...

Of course this is after I redo my enclosure and tune higher so I can burp at a higher frequency which tends to be better for the subs...

Put it to ya like this I do a 140.4 right now at 38hz with my 2 12" ssds with copper coils....

If I go any higher (frequency) currently with my enclosure the scores go down....

I jus hope I don't blow them but its jus been something I been thinking of down jus haven't made it a definite yet...

:coolugh:

depends on your equipment,lets take my current setup,2 Atomic apx,im doing the higest # i can do possible with my set up at what little power i have,so now im adding power,but ive already built the best enclosure for my application,worked on my electrical...all i have left is power,held true when the Crossfire BMFs where in the crx,not the strongest drivers 350rms if i remeber right,,but i was burping them with 2 modded Vr 2000s,but again did everything i could with what i had before the power,so what Jim says is correct,BAH!!nevermind im rammbling now,,lol just add more power and turn it up,,muuhahahaha

http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/images/graphs/spl.gif

Lloyd gave an SSD @ 52hz over 2k watts on a SPL burp.... And it scored in the top 4 of the challenge...

BUT i don't know the specifics of the install but lloyd did tell me that it was a single woofer in an spl optimized box, with a non-killing power in a rex..

as nick said it is install dependent.....

Fi subs were in the top 7 out of 26 tested. This is just one part of what they did LOL.

there is more results that showcase Fi subs and how they performed....

http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/collective.htm

Also anyone notice the SSD did better numbers then the Q with less wattage ?

The SSD is not Fi's bottom line... it's just different model (i know nobody here said that but i read it in a few posts before)...

http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/images/graphs/spl.gif

Lloyd gave an SSD @ 52hz over 2k watts on a SPL burp.... And it scored in the top 4 of the challenge...

BUT i don't know the specifics of the install but lloyd did tell me that it was a single woofer in an spl optimized box, with a non-killing power in a rex..

as nick said it is install dependent.....

Fi subs were in the top 7 out of 26 tested. This is just one part of what they did LOL.

there is more results that showcase Fi subs and how they performed....

http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/collective.htm

Also anyone notice the SSD did better numbers then the Q with less wattage ?

The SSD is not Fi's bottom line... it's just different model (i know nobody here said that but i read it in a few posts before)...

Needless to say its because of that challenge that I even know anything about FI...

and I was impressed with the scores the SSD did and the pricing which to me equaled a good darn reason to try out the product and I have been satisfied thus far.

Sign in to follow this