Sign in to follow this  
3976robert

ripped spider

DAMNIT,

well i heard a lilttle noise coming from my speaker today, hadnt played it in about a week, but anyway, i pulled it out the box to find that i have 2 holes in the spiders from tinsel leads, and numerous rips, guessing its from playing below tuning.

i need to know how much a recone is scott, i dont know wether i will or just sell it, looking to get a new truck and there wont be room for a BTL 15, its loaded by the way,

What to do??????/

Pssst, next time use a SSF.

ok yeah cracks might be my fault from not having a ssf, but holes in the spider from tinsel leads, on the same side as everyone who has a broken lead, on both coils?

i know the btl doesnt have warranty, but how should i go about spending the money to recone it if everyday use is gonna put holes in my spiders?

As stated, it probably wouldn't if you had used your ssf.

It's a high-pass filter, starts attenuating lower frequencies while letting higher ones pass through...

Ported enclosures don't "control" the woofer's cone movement below tuning, so if you play strong, low tones and have a box that's tuned high, it's likely you can overexcurt the woofer and cause mechanical damage.

Sign in to follow this