texan972

2 12 ssd's?

I am looking forward to purchasing 2 12 ssd's giving them about 500 - 600 watts each, not sure on the enclosure yet, but probably a sealed 1 cu. each or a ported with 1.85 cu. each. i have 4 other friends with systems. One has 2 12" jl audio w3v3's. Another with 2 12" Alpine type R's. The third with 2 12" kicker Comp VR's. And the final has 2 12" Sony P5's. I want to make sure that my 2 12" ssd's will be better than all of thier systems with only 500 - 600 wats each. Does any admin or anyone know if this is a good enough system to beat any of those 4. Im almost positive it is better than all of theirs but i just dont want it to be a maybe and then no one can tell the difference. I want to be sure that my system is going to be better and when they hear mine i want them to be able to know their system isnt as good as mine. And by better i basically meen SPL but i'd like to still have a good SQ. Haha yes i must have the best system. Im sure some of yall understand.

Should i get more watts?

Should i not get one of the two enclosures and get a different one?

Should i get 2 15's?

Is it fine?

Or something else?

Thanks

Edited by texan972

I like the ssd route.Two 12s or 15s but with at least 800wrms or more for each woofer.500-600 watts will sound good but at around 1000watts they will have more impact.Why not give em full rms power if your plan is to beat your friends.

I like the ssd route.Two 12s or 15s but with at least 800wrms or more for each woofer.500-600 watts will sound good but at around 1000watts they will have more impact.Why not give em full rms power if your plan is to beat your friends.

yah good point well thanks i will be getting 2 12" ssd's powered by a Hifonics BXi 2006D

any thoughts on the enclosure though. i have a 2002 Toyota 4runner and im not trying to fill my trunk with the enclosure. I have decided i want a ported enclosure. I just want a decent sized enclosure to where i can still see through my rear view mirror and to where i would be able to put some things in my trunk. Any thoughts on the enclosure.

But thank u very much Earthman.

more watts doesn't always mean louder....

it's more about the install. Just make sure ur box is on point.

my old system 2 sexxx's and 1200 watts was louder than my 2 18 sx wt 2500watts.

basiclly my 18in box didnt fit in my trunk so i just shaved it down and half assed it and it showed.

Just so nobody gets me wrong I assume everyone hasn't gone cheap with the enclosure.If you decide to cut corners anywhere..........the enclosure is not the place to do it.You can take a radio shack woofer and put it in a solid well built box and it'll impress.You can also take a premium high dollar speaker & drop it into a half wit box and it will disapoint.Thus the need for a well built box everytime @ all costs period.

Lots of things contribute to "volume" of a system...

Not just the enclosure but the systems electrical, tweaking and etc...

hey thanks all of yall for the advice and i am definately going to work on the enclosure. what would yall recommend for it. how many cubes.

Just stick to the manufactures specifications for that size and series & you'll be good to go.